News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess Phone in a Tough Color

Started by Dave F, August 24, 2010, 11:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

Here's one of my nicer recent finds -- a 702B Princess phone in Grey (color 61).  Housing is somewhat yellowed and will need some TLC, but this is a color that doesn't turn up very often.

Dave F.

Dennis Markham

Nice, Dave.  What's the date of the phone?

Dave F

Quote from: Dennis Markham on August 24, 2010, 11:02:28 PM
Nice, Dave.  What's the date of the phone?

Dennis,

Date is 6-66.  Grey is one of my favorite colors to collect.  Here's another nice one:
564H Keyset from 1961.

Dave F

Dennis Markham

Wow, that is a beautiful phone!  Looks unused.

Jester

Dave,
What Dennis said about both phones--Wow!  I don't have a 564 that old, but would love to find one in that color & condition.  I do have a 544 in mahogany brown & consider it a real prize.
Stephen

Dan/Panther

I didn't know they made a  a gray Princess.
It may be very rare. I thought the original colors were, Pink, Blue, Turquoise, White, Black (rare) pastel yellow, Beige.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

Dan,

You can find some color history for the Princess here:
   http://www.paul-f.com/color.htm#Princess

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

paul-f

Gray is a favorite color of mine as well.

A few years ago, I bought a "green" Princess set on ebay.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and realized that it was a light gray set that had yellowed to green.  Sanding and refinishing were required.

Dave F

Quote from: Dennis Markham on August 24, 2010, 11:33:44 PM
Wow, that is a beautiful phone!  Looks unused.

Dennis,

Yes, this one's unused in the original box.  I'm very lucky!

Dave

Dave F

Quote from: Jester on August 25, 2010, 12:27:38 AM
Dave,
What Dennis said about both phones--Wow!  I don't have a 564 that old, but would love to find one in that color & condition.  I do have a 544 in mahogany brown & consider it a real prize.

Hi Jester,

Keysets are some of my favorites.  Here's a picture of my Mahogany 544.  Mahogany is a color that doesn't photograph well, and it may look black in the pic, but it really is Mahogany.  We both are very lucky -- there aren't many of these floating around.

Dave

Dave F

Quote from: paul-f on August 25, 2010, 01:40:51 AM
Gray is a favorite color of mine as well.

A few years ago, I bought a "green" Princess set on ebay.  Imagine my surprise when I opened the box and realized that it was a light gray set that had yellowed to green.  Sanding and refinishing were required.

Paul,

Your grey 1702 is a gem of a find!  I've been looking for one of those for years.  As far as 1702s go, I think grey is toughest (If we temporarily omit Transparent) followed by black.  Here's my black one, with a G4 handset.

Dave

Dave

Dan/Panther

Paul;
You mention "Rose Pink" for the pre 63 issue color. How does that differ from standard Pink or are they one and the same ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

paul-f

It's the same.  Note the color code (-59).

Just4Phones

That black 10 button princess is HOT  :o  I didn't even know they existed.  Now I have to add another want to my list...... grrrrrrrr

Kenny C

look at the handset cap is it soft plastic
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010