News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Janet This Morning at the Flea Market

Started by Doug Rose, May 20, 2012, 11:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

While I was catching up on my beauty sleep, Janet was at the Flea market at 4:30 AM. She found us a few phones ;D....Doug
Kidphone

twocvbloke

Just a few eh?  :D

Nice haul though, that wallphone (354?) up front looks like it has the wrong sort of handset (unless it's one like what they used on the 5300 phone?), but you really do have plenty to play with there, I mean lovingly restore and display..... :D

The 554 at the back looks nice and shiny though, I wouldn't mind getting one of them at some point... ;D

gpo706

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Dennis Markham

Nice haul.  That just proves that all the phones are out east.  Congratulations.

Doug Rose

Quote from: gpo706 on May 20, 2012, 01:40:13 PM
I take it Janet drives a truck?
Honda CRV.... bought with Yard sales and Flea markets in mind. The Honda Civic didn't cut it, my youngest has had it for the last five years.....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 20, 2012, 11:36:56 AM
While I was catching up on my beauty sleep, Janet was at the Flea market at 4:30 AM. She found us a few phones ;D....Doug

Doug, thank goodness it was just a few, otherwise the entire dining room table could have cracked in half! ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Doug Rose

Jorge....she was there at the break of dawn and bought them all from the same person!! The guy next to him pointed out the "Phone lady" as she came up the aisle with her little wagon. They were signaling her before she got there. It pays to advertise! :-* My sister in law and her husband are up from FLA and were simply amazed. They thought I was the crazy one ::)...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 20, 2012, 03:51:11 PM
My sister in law and her husband are up from FLA and were simply amazed. They thought I was the crazy one ::)...Doug

They probably blame you for corrupting their sister ;D

Larry

DavePEI

Looks like it would be difficult to find the main entrance to the house with the collection laid out. It looks like it is stuck in time warp. Guess that is why the "Hippies use side door" sign  :)
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Doug Rose

Quote from: DavePEI on May 21, 2012, 07:57:06 AM
Looks like it would be difficult to find the main entrance to the house with the collection laid out. It looks like it is stuck in time warp. Guess that is why the "Hippies use side door" sign  :)
Far out :o
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on May 21, 2012, 07:21:48 AM
Quote from: Doug Rose on May 20, 2012, 03:51:11 PM
My sister in law and her husband are up from FLA and were simply amazed. They thought I was the crazy one ::)...Doug

They probably blame you for corrupting their sister ;D

Larry
Larry....not to far from the truth
Kidphone