Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Tom...as a seller on eBay, I find the watch count can be misleading. I watch acutions just to see what the phone will sell for with no intent on buying. This has gone higher than I thought it would. JMHO...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Well, looking at the Scoreboard, seems he picked the number no one else wanted grabbing a split the difference guess off of the No Crowding Spreadsheet and with that $440 guess, the 14th of 16 offered in this contest, he won another auction contest notching another win in the Contest Standings. With that said, the winner of Auction Contest #160 is Sargeguy, who with the 14th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $440.00.  That guess gave him his unprecedented 12th win in our auction contests extending his lead to 2 over Dan as our all around Grand Champion. Quite the feat, indeed. Once again, our congratulations go out to Sargeguy for winning this Auction Contest and moving up to a brand new and undisputed rung in the Contest Standings. Way to go Greg!

This phone started at $50.00 and moved up to $243 over the first 6 days of the autction. dsAn hour or so before midnight, two more bids came in raising the price to $432 where it sat for the last 4 hours of the auction. It's my humble opinion, and having watched closely a lot of auctions as this, that this phone may have gone higher had it not been listed and thus ended at 3 am Central Time. With such a late PST and early EST ending time, only one person, 9***5 ( 1295 ), set their alarm clock to get up and take a snipe, which worked, because the phone sold for a minimum bid increase of $5 about 47 seconds before the auction ended. Seems that bid was testing the waters with the potential buyer then having time to decide how high they wanted to go but no other sniper surfaced so 9***5 ( 1295 ) took the phone home for $437.00. The auction saw 11 bidders placing 21 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 160 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung, even with a guess no one wants - you have to play to win. And, as proof positive of playing often has its merits, Sargeguy got to the top by playing in nearly every contest. Congratulations to him once again for achieving that lofty status!

Sargeguy

I think this vindicates the advice given to the seller to keep this phone intact and buy his E-1 elsewhere.  The phone with an incorrect F-1 was worth  $200-250?  A dial 37 with a grooveless F-1 is worth $300.  This was a special find. 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

andre_janew

He bought it for $20, I think, and ended up selling it for $437.  I image he made more than enough profit on that deal to buy an E-1 handset!