News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 84: Used Bell System Touchtone Spacesaver 2211

Started by zapper, February 12, 2013, 01:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapper

Okay, this has to be an Auction Contest. And since we like doing things in pairs lets do the other one that is NIB as well. Only 48 hours left in the auctions though so get your guesses in before tomorow evening.

Terry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251225924847

$760.00!!
Never saw a touchtone version
Zapper

S C O R E B O A R D
$875.00 - Russ Kirk
$925.00 - TelePlay
$980.00 - twocvbloke
$1005.00 - Mr. Bones
$1085.00 - AE_Collector
$1202.00 - MagicMo -> WINNER Final Price was $1630.00

Russ Kirk

There is a second one  - NIB!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140914671497

Currently $885

Diffrent seller.

Hummm???  What are the odds?
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Sargeguy

QuoteHummm???  What are the odds?

This is a fairly common phenomena.  Someone puts an item up on eBay, bidding gets crazy, and so other collector's start digging similar old junk treasure out of the basement and put it up for sale as well.

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

zapper

The same bidder with 2 feedbacks has the highest bids for both phones.  Both auctions are listed from ohio and both listed the same day.
Back to my original question, are these phones rare because of the t.t. dials or are they a mix of different manufacturers parts ??
The styrofoam sheet in the n.o.s  makes me think there not that old and rare.
Zapper

ESalter

They're definitely rare because of the TT dials.  I know WE made them like this, they're just incredibly scarce.  My guess for a date is the late 70s, so not necessarily super old, just very seldom seen.  I can only think of a couple others I've seen for sale before.  One of which was a beige one, I believe, but I could be remembering wrong, it's been several years.

---Eric

Doug Rose

I "thought" that Ray made some of these TT tops to fit on a WE spacesaver. Hopefully, Ray will chime in....Doug
Kidphone

Jester

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 12, 2013, 07:44:51 PM
I "thought" that Ray made some of these TT tops to fit on a WE spacesaver. Hopefully, Ray will chime in....Doug

Doug,

I'm pretty sure you are right.....Stephen
Stephen

AE_Collector

This one the seller is claiming that it has a few scratches where as the other NIB one they say it is NOS in the original box. Of course the original box might have 211 rather than 2211 on it!

Both listings have very short descriptions and they are both written in all CAPITAL letters. But other than that the wording isn't the same.

I'm going $1085 on this one.

Terry

MagicMo

Practice Kindness :)

AE_Collector

Quote from: MagicMo on February 12, 2013, 08:15:37 PM
Hmmmm ???
$1202
Mo ;)

I'm surprised that you haven't found a few cases of these at your dad's place!

Terry

MagicMo

Terry

True. Lol. I'm not counting it out yet! Still a few boxes left. :o

I love these little smiley face guys! ::) ;D :D ;) :)

Mo
Practice Kindness :)

rdelius

I think they are the same seller or related .Both the sellers had the same kind of baby stuff in the auctions

Mr. Bones

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Russ Kirk

I hope I'm not too close to anyone.  The numbers a very close.

$875
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI