News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My 9 year old son will be the youngest Exhibitor at the Mason MI Telephone Show

Started by c64man, March 22, 2014, 07:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c64man

Just wanted to share a proud father moment. 

My son Timothy who is 9 years old will be exhibiting his very own display at the Mason MI Telephone Show.   He will be showing his phones connected to a Panasonic 308 PBX with a Google Voice or CNET connection.    If there is time before the show,  He will also be showing his Commodore 64 connected to DiversiDial Via CNET over a 1200 baud modem.   

He loves telephones and his favorite is his Red Western Electric 500 set that reminds him of a batman phone.    Ive shown him how to connect the PBX to his phones and before the show I will be showing him how to wire up a phone jack.

Its awesome that he is into this stuff.  Its a good clean fun hobby and he can do it together with me. 

So our exhibit will be the following
Panasonic 308
Red WE 500
Olive Green WE 500
Orange Slenderette
Yellow AE90. 
Commodore 64 connected Via modem to DiversiDial

WesternElectricBen

Awesome, the "phone people" (as my mother describes) love young people. My first phone show (2012) was a huge success, everybody wants to teach young collectors.

Sadly, I won't be going to that show, but I'm sure other collectors will give him a nice haul.

Ben

Matilo Telephones

That's great c64man. So, phonitis may be heradetary?

Our kids are 3 and 4,5 now. Hope one day one will take an interest in old phones too.

The other day my son saw me open one up. When he saw the gubbins inside he said ooooooh.

That's the spirit! (He's 3).
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Weco355aman

There will be a phone and switching system collector that will be having a open house after the show. He has a lot of phones and equipment, the switching system works as well he has a toll
switchboard that works as well. He is on CNET. It is worth the trip to see his stuff.
Phil