News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

D Mount with 150E Party Line Dial Plate

Started by cihensley@aol.com, July 19, 2010, 03:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cihensley@aol.com

Those of you that are members of TCI, may have read the article about party line dials in the July newsletter. This is my D mount with a party line dial plate.

Chuck

HarrySmith

Pretty cool :)
I just read that this weekend, plus did we not have a discussion here about it not long ago :-\
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Very nice, Charles.  A few weeks ago after reading a discussion about those dial plates I stumbled on an old newspaper (on line).  Actually the date is March 8, 1950.  The newspaper is the Ludington (Michigan) Daily News.  I happened to catch the advertisement for the local Phillips 66 gas station.  The telephone number is listed as 746-J.  The station is in a much smaller town of Scottville.

I would guess your phone would have come in handy to dial that number.

While I'm at it I'll post the entire Ad.  Notice the ad adjacent to it announcing new aluminum milk bottle caps.  Sixty years ago.

Doug Rose

Chuck....very nice indeed. I have a few of the stick on dial covers on my party line phones, but I have never seen the real deal in nice enough condition. Great looking phone....Doug
Kidphone

Craig T

Very nicely done Chuck, I have not seen one of these either... museum quality again!