News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC Manual Navy Spacesaver NOS

Started by Doug Rose, September 11, 2012, 08:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

WOW..I can't believe this fell through the cracks. NOS SC spacesaver. Looks like the Navy Insignia and it sure looks green to me. Great Old SC handset and a green cloth cord. Whoa!!! I was shocked no one else bid on this.....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

I was checking that out earlier tonight. Almost bid, but I am still cut off! Did you get it? Looks real nice ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

I won it and I'll let you know when it arrives. I has a much higher bid and was pleasantly surprised.

I always love the dial phones that do not have a dial in place. what were they thinking. Future? I have one of these in black, that looks just like a WE with the retainer on the top.

I really enjoy the old space savers. Last year I found a Brown Kellogg SS that was almost perfect, still had the tags on the cloth cord. Brown paint and brown bakelite handset were a perfect match....Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

Very pretty phone!
I wonder if there is a buzzer in the top part?
Howard
Howard

david@london

doug-

that's a really interesting phone.........what a great find in that condition.

is there a link to the sale pls ?

Doug Rose

Kidphone

wds

Looks to me like it's a bad picture - I'd be suprised if it was any color other than black.  The listing also says it's black.  Still, very nice.
Dave

LarryInMichigan

I agree with Dave that it is probably black, but the NOS SC handset is probably worth the price of the phone.  Is the dial housing a WE part?

Larry

G-Man

Through the decades S.C. either manufactured their own complete Space Saver (®AECo) or used complete Western Electric bodies or parts thereof.

The most popular WECo parts outsource by S.C. were the switchook (The early WECo version that fits S.C. handsets) and/or a dial-mount assembly.

This has been discussed in the past on the TCI List.   

Doug Rose

Quote from: wds on September 12, 2012, 03:49:47 PM
Looks to me like it's a bad picture - I'd be suprised if it was any color other than black.  The listing also says it's black.  Still, very nice.
Dave...You might be right, but check out the handset cord running over the black handset. It doesn't look black. I'll let you know, either way I am thrilled with it....Doug
Kidphone

JohnInWI

What color is it?  Black or green?

Doug Rose

it was Black...bad picture...but it is superb!! I am very happy with it. Welcome to the Forum....Doug
Kidphone

K1WI

It might be black .... but i'm GREEN with envy !
Andy F    K1WI