News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

An eBay painted pink 302 for $105?

Started by TelePlay, May 06, 2011, 09:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Looks like it was painted. Anyone think it wasn't? Going for $105.

http://tinyurl.com/3z4ml7f

Seems high for even a black 302, unless it's legit.

Kenny C

I am pretty sure it's an old rose 302. It has a seamless handset and clear plungers. The finger wheel could have been damaged and the cord to and replaced in the field with what the installer had on hand but that's just a guess and could be wrong.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

GG

I'm with Kenny on this, I think it's real.  In addition to the points he mentioned:

The handset has that separate molding in the handgrip, and the nomenclature is clear enough to not have picked up the blurry effect from painting. 

The view of the underside shows that the color is consistent on the inside edges.

So I'd say someone got a decent deal there, and that phone can be put back into excellent condition with a little work. 

Dennis Markham

The auction is active for another fourteen hours.

Looks real to me too.  The dial housing is white as it should be in that phone.

GG

Finally sold for $255.  It would appear that a bunch of someone-elses also concluded it was a real one. 

TelePlay

Appears so. That black handset cord and dial face seemed contrary to original equipment but, as said, both could have been switched out by whatever the repair person had on hand.

The bottom rose colored edge does seem to show a rose plastic case.

If real, it would be great to see what it looks like after it is reconditoned.

LarryInMichigan

It sure looks like a plastic rose pink to me.  $255 wasn't such a bad price.  I saw one go on ebay for well over $800.

Larry

Sargeguy

It looks like it was painted black at some point.  You can see the residue around the lettering on the handset.  That explains the black finger-wheel and cords.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409