"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF Award for "Worst Picture of an eBay auction item"

Started by AE_Collector, December 06, 2010, 01:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Another contender in this topic.

Seller's description is "YOU ARE BIDDING ON AN OLD BLACK ROTARY DESK PHONE IN FAIR CONDITION PLEASE CHECK PHOTOS IN THE SCAN YOU WILL RECEIVE THE PHONE IN THE SCAN IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND THANK YOU FOR LOOKING."

I checked the photos to see what is meant by "fair conditon" but seems they also are in "fair" condition. Another handicapped-by-seller listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281541006669

andre_janew

I'm not sure what kind of phone it is.  I could be a WE 500 or a WE5300 with a G-1 handset.  It could be black or a dark blue color.  Whatever model or color it is, more light is needed on the subject.  This is what happens when you try to take pictures in the dark!

twocvbloke

Quote from: andre_janew on December 28, 2014, 12:58:41 PM
I'm not sure what kind of phone it is.  I could be a WE 500 or a WE5300 with a G-1 handset.

It's got a big butt so I'd say 500 series (can't see any extras though, such as switches, a mushroom lamp, etc.), the 5302 has a back end that's about level with the back of the cradle... :)

andre_janew

Your eyesight must be better than mine.  I couldn't tell if it had a big butt or not!

Russ Kirk

Looks like the seller updated the listing with clear photos.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

andre_janew

twocvbloke

I just put it down to the brightness and clarity of my laptop's screen, on my mobile phone it looks like an indistinguishable black lump thst could be anything, even a lump of coal... ;D

zaphod01

Notice the upside down BS button in the upper right hand corner.

I think I would have edited that out...

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

These should help figure out what the item is...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

How 'bout offering $6.50 opening bid for...uhh...whatever this is... :-\ :o

http://m.ebay.com/itm/361216664964

Edit: link added!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

andre_janew

I think it is supposed to be a picture of a WE phone of some sort, but due to technical difficulties the picture got a bit--um--scrambled(?).

TelePlay

That had to be intentional.

Rearranging the pieces given shows a bit more of what the phone is but there are some strips missing. Might be in the eBay listing which we can check out once the link is give.

-------------------------

EDIT: on closer review with better software, all of the parts are there. First photo below is of parts re-arranged and the second is after color and brightness adjustment along with willing in the gaps.

xhausted110

Quote from: zaphod01 on January 18, 2015, 06:24:12 AM
Notice the upside down BS button in the upper right hand corner.

I think I would have edited that out...

I want that button :)
- Evan