News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

stripped screw

Started by Kenny C, February 16, 2010, 05:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I have a 1969 ITT and i went to take off the dial and one of the screws was stripped out. How could I remove the screw.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

Hi Kenny:

Welcome to the forum! How about a picture of the offending screw?

Jorge

stub

Hey Kenny,
                 Is this the phone with the slow dial we talked about on the phone?   If it is we may have to get Dad  to take it to work and I'll pick it up there , at his lunch. Let me know when he takes it.    Hey , when you get to come over we'll go out to the shop and see what kind of phones  you can take home with you!!!!!!!stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Bill

Harbor Freight (no rants, please, they have their place) has a set of left-handed drill bits for cheap. Item 95146. They are made specifically for this task. Smallest is 1/16 inch.

They also have a set of screw extractors 40349-0VGA. Depending on the size of the broken screw, one of these may help you.

If any of the shank is protruding, it is easy to cut a slot across it using a hacksaw blade, and use a regular screwdriver on it.

Bill

stub

Hey Kenny ,
                    I put your phone in Dad's truck. It's fixed and dial card is changed also.  See ya!!!!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield