News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE dail does not work

Started by Kenny C, March 02, 2010, 11:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I put a 1962 WE in the frezer to loosen the handset caps and i did not take the handset off of the body did i mess up because the dial worked fine before i put the whole thing in the freezer!!!!!! HELP
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Kenny, just let it warm up to room temperature for a while.  The grease/oil probably froze.  It will be ok once it warms to room temp.

JorgeAmely

Bottom line: did the caps come off?

Jorge

stub

Hey Kenny ,
                   Try the hair dryer on the caps on your next attempt. You should be fine in the morning as Dennis said , when it warms up.
                   Have fun in Gatlinburg!!!!!! stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Kenny C

IT LIVES!!!!! It is warmed up and working and stub I looked at all the dates on that phone and the only thing missing is a hand set cord (dated 70) and a dial (dated 2-56) .And is it possible that a ringer from 2-62 could be on a phone dated 5-62. Besides those three things every thing is dated 5-62 5-9 or 10 62 and 62.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

foots

Quote from: JorgeAmely on March 02, 2010, 11:25:26 PM
Bottom line: did the caps come off?

Kennyc1955, glad it's working and you got the caps off without making the same mistake I did. I have a 545 with a G1 handset that has plastic caps and I tried to get the caps off using brute force. Thankfully I didn't break or fracture my hand but it sure hurt like a son-of-a-gun for a few weeks afterwards. The day after hurting my hand, I found out about the hair dryer trick from Dennis and got it off after just a few seconds.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"