News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Painted 302?

Started by bushman, July 03, 2010, 12:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

I just picked up an ivory 302. Obviously painted. But I was wondering, Did Western Electric ever paint metal 302's during a refurb. This one is an Ivory color. But this is not a rattle can paint job.  Just wondering.

Bushman

Doug Rose

WE did refurb metal 302 phones in color. Usually with clear plungers, 5J dial with clear open face finger wheel and matching color cloth cords. Post a picture...Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

Check handset for F1W, or northern electric. I have a beige 302 that is Northern electric, and is painted.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bushman

Here are some pics of it.

Bushman

McHeath

What is the condition of the inside of the shell?  Is there overspray on the components, or does it look like it was totally disassembled when painted?  My understanding is that Ma Bell took them completely apart, but I may be wrong.

It's an older paint job I'd guess, and looks to be done well.  Nice looking phone.

Doug Rose

Bushamn .....real nice phone!! My guess is its an after market paint as I doubt the factory would not have painted the cover under the cradle. The cover also looks to be thermoplastic and not metal. Still, a really nice phone....Doug
Kidphone

bushman

I opened it up last night. It is a metal housing. But there is replaced screws and missing screws. definitely not a W.E job. I'll keep the way it is for now. Maybe later another repaint with the same color. (I like the color)

Bushman