News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Today's eBay Absurdity - What Are They Thinking!

Started by McHeath, September 29, 2009, 01:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

"It is in excellent condition with no chips or cracks in the body or receiver hand set."

Yah right!

www.ebay.com/itm/321550372133

TelePlay

andre_janew

If you are looking for a box and just a box for a WE 554 telephone there is one on eBay for $25 and the shipping is free.  I mention it because paying that much for a empty cardboard box just seems absurd to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311214743258 ( dead link 02-19-21 )

If you can't get the link to work, just log on to eBay and search for a vintage 1957 Western Electric Collectible empty box for Model 554 wall telephone.  I don't care what the message says about it being taken down.  It is there and has two weeks to go as I am writing this.

<edit> I fixed the link. It was one of those HUGE ebaY links that is 4 rows long but part of it didnt copy over. All that is ever needed on any ebay link is the 12 digit item number after the ebay.com/itm/ to make it work. Just chop the rest out and toss it! Terry <end of edit>

RDPipes

I hope there's a phone attached to this, LOL!
Ya think he'd take $50 for it?
eBay Auction

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: McHeath on September 29, 2009, 01:35:36 AM...The darn thing is not even a year old yet!!

Increasingly, the younger set thinks that anything more than a year old is an "antique".

Mike

markosjal

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on August 15, 2022, 03:46:40 PMIncreasingly, the younger set thinks that anything more than a year old is an "antique".

Mike

OMG look at that the wires just screw down. THAT SO OOOOLD.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish