"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wpg.302

Started by flybynyte, March 18, 2016, 11:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stubbypylon

Bert,

You'll note that the holes securing the ringer gongs to the rest of the ringer are slightly offset.  You can adjust the ringing sound by turning one or both of the gongs to move them closer or farther from the clapper.
Craig Stanowski

flybynyte

Hi and thank you for the tip Craig,..I'll definitely take a peek at performing a gong adjustment towards the 'louder-ring' spectrum.
Louder the better as far as I'm concerned, nobody else here to be concerned about disturbing anyhow,...the cats long ago learned
to slumber through any and all cacoPHONY that may suddenly and unexpectedly erupt from time to time!

;D  Regards,
                    Bert

flybynyte

Hi Craig,
I performed the gong adjustment to achieve maximum ringing volume and was gratified with a voluminous result. ;D
I hope it doesn't induce heart fibrillation in anyone dropping by for a visit!....... :o

Regards,

flybynyte

Hi All!....
Just an update, I've installed a replacement receiver element I had ordered along with a dialcard kit
and modular cord from Oldphoneworks.  The replacement has brought up the volume considerably,
it's hard now to distinguish any difference in volume level from my other landline phones.
My installation of the dial card kit made me realize that the fingerwheel was slightly deformed, (bent).
I had not noticed this until then,  it caused the bottom dialcard retainer tab to contact the surfaces
underneath, resulting in erratic return action.  Fortunately I was able to correct most of the 'wow'
in the wheel and eliminate all previously noted interference.  Life is good.......the sound of that old,
black beast authoritatively announcing a call makes me smile every time. 
Another sincere thank you to the forum for making it happen!  8)