News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GPO Arrived

Started by LM Ericsson, February 06, 2013, 03:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

My 8746 in Ivory arrived. Surprisingly, no discoloration, but its missing the dial center cover.
Regards,
-Grayson

LarryInMichigan

LM Ericsson

and haven't even cleaned it yet!
Regards,
-Grayson

Owain

that may be a 746 that's been converted. I think the 'true' 8746 had little airvent holes under the handle, the 746 has rounded slots like yours.

LM Ericsson

I actually is an 8746
Regards,
-Grayson

twocvbloke

Well if it's an 8746 from the outset, it probably won't have the ringer caps fitted, not that it's hard to fit a new one where they're meant to be and rejig the straps to make it work... :D

LM Ericsson

Well the phone is complete. I think it cleaned up very well and looks almost brand new. One issue I had with this phone is that there was no ringer capacitor and the ringer did not work, so I had to completely replace the network inside with one that does have a capacitor and the phone works great. I also installed a RJ11 cord and did get a number card cover; therefore, the phone is complete.
Regards,
-Grayson

twocvbloke

You don't need to replace the board for one with a capacitor, just solder an appropriate cap onto the original and rearrange the straps, and it's set... :)

Interesting that you chose a Barnoldswick dial card though, home of Silent Night beds and a Rolls Royce aerospace factory, I used to live near there... :D