News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone-Housing-NOS-WE-5302

Started by Doug Rose, May 15, 2020, 11:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I won this on eBay, seller took an offer of $12. $21 with shipping. After I bought it I thought, I don't have any 5302 donor phones left???

I found one in a shelf of parts 302s, cracked case etc but the bezel is good and I needed the plungers and the hks cover. I am out of WE cords s for a 302 so I has to use a 500 cord.

It came at 8AM this morning and I was working on it while I was WFH.

I went with an F1 but thought maybe a G1? as i had the cord.

Nice old dial card that I had a strip of 4 of.

Hard to take pics as it came out so shiny!...Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Telephone-Housing-NOS-WE-5302/164180665877?
Kidphone

Stormcrash

That's beautiful! So shiny and fresh looking. I hear ya on the handset, the F is a little long for the cradle since it was made to accommodate both the F and G and the G looks sleeker. Though unless you have a spare GF handset I would worry about the extreme sidetone volume on a regular G, my 5302 had a G handset transmitter in it when I got it and the sidetone was unbearably loud

Doug Rose

Quote from: Stormcrash on May 15, 2020, 03:10:44 PM
That's beautiful! So shiny and fresh looking. I hear ya on the handset, the F is a little long for the cradle since it was made to accommodate both the F and G and the G looks sleeker. Though unless you have a spare GF handset I would worry about the extreme sidetone volume on a regular G, my 5302 had a G handset transmitter in it when I got it and the sidetone was unbearably loud
No GF, they are tough to find.  I went back and forth on the Handsets, the truth is, the F 1 was in amazing condition. Winner!...Doug
Kidphone

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

rdelius

Paul Vaverchak had some. Still wrapped in tissue.WE marked with no Bell System. Had no dial rings though.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on May 15, 2020, 05:36:52 PM
Paul Vaverchak had some. Still wrapped in tissue.WE marked with no Bell System. Had no dial rings though.
Robby...this did not have a dial ring. I does flare out a bit on the sides though. I thought that was use, but I guess it is age or the just we're made that way...Doug
Kidphone