News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Sale Cancelled: My Collection Plus For Sale Depending on Local Interest

Started by RDPipes, June 06, 2023, 09:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

It's time I shed another addiction that I can't afford, my entire phone collection plus parts and supplies including WE, AE and other dials, etc. etc. I have nothing really rare and the rarest would be a Mercedes dial and my WE 302 A/C "Lift Plunger to Dial or Talk." I think most of you here have seen most of my collection.  Oh, and my fully working Panasonic 616 included.
I can't possibly ship all these phones (about 25 + or - plus parts)so I'm really looking for someone fairly near, or someone willing to drive awhile to inspect them and hopefully pick them up. I can send photos on request but, I warn you I have no group photos and all are singular so it may take a few emails to accomplish. Best offer for all, no cherry picking, all phones have been restored by me to the best of my abilities and the closest to original except for paint on some. Pm me if interested and I'll give you my email so we don't have to clutter up the website.
Oh, I'm near Canton, TX.

FABphones

Sorry to read that but, when it is time for them to go they have to go. At least whoever buys the phones from you can be assured you will have done right by the phone when restoring it.

And you do have some nice phones. Shame they are so far away from my location.

Best wishes for your sale.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RDPipes

Quote from: FABphones on June 06, 2023, 09:40:52 AMSorry to read that but, when it is time for them to go they have to go. At least whoever buys the phones from you can be assured you will have done right by the phone when restoring it.

And you do have some nice phones. Shame they are so far away from my location.

Best wishes for your sale.

Thank you CJ! Wish you were closer too because I know they'd go to a good home.

RDPipes

Here are a few of them I've been able to Photoshop into one image, not great but, it takes up less space.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

MMikeJBenN27

That's too bad.  I guess you are not taking your automobile with you?

Mike

AL_as_needed

Sorry to here your trying to kick the phone bug Ron, but if your willing to ship anything let me know!
TWinbrook7

RDPipes

Quote from: AL_as_needed on June 06, 2023, 03:09:16 PMSorry to here your trying to kick the phone bug Ron, but if your willing to ship anything let me know!
To ship 25 phones plus all my parts, etc. would cost as much as the lot is worth or close to it.
And to break them up to sell separately is just more work then its worth and I might as well keep'em.

AL_as_needed

Quote from: RDPipes on June 06, 2023, 03:28:08 PMTo ship 25 phones plus all my parts, etc. would cost as much as the lot is worth or close to it.
And to break them up to sell separately is just more work then its worth and I might as well keep'em.

Totally understand that, law of diminishing returns in terms of effort required. TX is a bit of a hike tho sadly haha
TWinbrook7

RDPipes

Here's a list of phones I have that are restored except one Leich 62.

List of Telephones Restored

WE Pre War 302                                        AE type 34 brass
"   "   "   306                                       AE type 35 chrome
"   "   "   410                                       AE type 40 chrome
WE Post "   410                                       AE type 43 chrome
WE 302 A/C "Lift Plunger....."                          AE type 50 chrome 
WE Ivory 302                                          AE type 83 blue w/ ringer bx
WE Ivory 354                                          AE type 83 red w/ ringer bx
WE 460 G/C                                            AE type 183 blk w/ ringer bx
WE 464                                                (2) Leich type #62
WE 444 E                                               Leich type 90 chrome
WE 444 E/C                                             SC 1272 zinc case
Atea RTT 56                                            SC 1250 wall set

RDPipes

Seeing there's no interest locally I reckon we'll just keep'em for the time being.
Thanks anyway.

RDPipes

Quote from: RDPipes on June 10, 2023, 08:18:57 PMSeeing there's no interest locally I reckon we'll just keep'em for the time being.
Thanks anyway.

That means we're Done Here! End of Sale. No Longer Available, etc. :P

Contempra

It's the same for me, for two reasons: 1: because I've run out of places to put them, but I'm not selling them, and they'll probably go to a museum if I can find one,

2: I will only remain a reader of the forum in the future rather than a participant. The reason? My English isn't perfect and at my age I'm not interested in going back to an English course, I don't know all your English expressions (which can sometimes lead to confusion in what I write).

and because one person ( unfortunately ) thought I was diminishing his work because I had said that a 3D printer could also do the same job for certainly less time ( well , I imagine ) , It was certainly not my intention to diminish his work . So, this will probably be my last comment on this forum, but as I've been here for, I think, a good decade, I won't be leaving except to read the topics.

Don't ask me who this person is, I won't answer so as not to start a family squabble (yes, we are a family here, aren't we?) ... For me, it's incomprehension on his part. It's unfortunate because he was a friend. Summer is here, I'm going to enjoy it. May God bless you and have a good summer. Bye

MMikeJBenN27

Just put some of them in your car and take them that way.

Mike