and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

O.K. What Am I Missing Here ?

Started by Dan/Panther, June 03, 2009, 02:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

http://tinyurl.com/pf9czt
( dead link 02-28-22 )

Run of the mill Pink Modular 702 Princess, with only about 12 hours since listed, still 5 days 12 hours to go, and 17 bids ?????????
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Tonyrotary

And its a modular too. Must be because it's a pink princess. Seems like the color pink is in lately for phone collectors.

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 03, 2009, 02:48:06 AM
http://tinyurl.com/pf9czt
Run of the mill Pink Modular 702 Princess, with only about 12 hours since listed, still 5 days 12 hours to go, and 17 bids ?????????
D/P

You are apparently missing out on an opportunity to spend your money needlessly.  Unless there are games being played, r***r and v***m both seem to want this thing pretty bad.  Even the notorious Mr. "Helpful" with his know-it-all remark has not sabotaged this one.  Also, it is highly unusual for a phone or any item to have such activity early on.  Makes me think I smell something.

-Bill
-Bill G

Dan

I got a hardwired pink princess from 1963 for $15 as a buy it now. Hooked up an ordinary transformer to it, and it is my wifes new daily driver. Lit up and pretty too!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bingster

I've noticed that in the last few months, pink princesses could be had for surprisingly little money.  I couldn't figure it out.  That makes all this even more perplexing.  There's either dirty work afoot, or there are noobs with an odd hankering for this particular phone. 
= DARRIN =

JorgeAmely

I noticed that the auction is "finlover" style (the color of the font matches the color of the phone). That's why it has reached so high.  ;D
Jorge

McHeath

I came across this ad and was impressed.  You get what looks like a new phone from the 60's, with the handset cord still wrapped in plastic, and the original box in great shape.  Along with a claim that it came from a guy who worked for the phone company and brought it home when it was new. 

For a lot of folks all that will sell the phone, and it sure is pretty too boot.  Okay, so us phone phiends notice that the ringer is gone and that there is a tell tale white sticker on the bottom that means a few things, I don't think most people would notice that. 

Dan/Panther

McHeath;
Did you mean to post a link ?
D/P

McHeath

Yeah I did, and now I've lost it.  I will try and find it.

benhutcherson

Heck, I have a hardwired one(not sure if it's a 701 or 702) on the way for $25.

I was planning on holding onto it, but if they're bringing that kind of money,  I could easily be convinced to part with it.

Dan/Panther

14 hours to go, and up to $148.00. This has got to be a joke or a scam.
D/P

AET

The question isn't what you're missing, it's what they're missing or have an extra of and I'm guessing that it's a chromosone.
- Tom

HobieSport

Quote from: AtomicEraTom
The question isn't what you're missing, it's what they're missing or have an extra of and I'm guessing that it's a chromosone.

;D  Good one, Tom! ;D

So it sold for just over $160. ::) ???

Do disreputable folks (or sellers with two Ebay accounts) sometimes team up and bid against each other with some kind of agreement between them just to drive prices up?  I've always been a little curious about that and wondered how one might be able to spot that kind of scam.  Not to imply that that is what went on in this particular sale.
-Matt

Dan

Is that a PINK shirt  you have on on your forum pic, Tom?  ;)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

QuoteThe question isn't what you're missing, it's what they're missing or have an extra of and I'm guessing that it's a chromosone

Holy Cro-Magnon Batman, that's sleep out in the woodshed with the dog material.   :o