News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ITT KELLOGG NUMBER 703 16 (LR)

Started by migette, November 03, 2015, 12:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

migette

Hi, had this Princess lookalike for years, brought it back from The States many years ago and have been going through the collection to reduce too much stuff in the loft and was wondering what the 703 was, set in good shape and dated 11  64. Thanks

unbeldi

I think the Kellogg K-703 did not have the internal lamp to light the dial.
Does yours?

The Kellogg Princess-types  were called "Cinderella"

PS: I found a brief description of the Cinderella in a 1968 ITT Telephone Guide:
The base model was not the 702, as it was for the the Western Electric type, but the 701.
Interestingly, they appear to have skipped the 702 number, to avoid confusion?

migette

Hi that has answered my question unbeldi and yes this set does not have a light and the hole is covered up, also theres no switch provided but there is a cut out in the base but no switch, the dial is replaced with a cover and looking at the network it is not the same and wired for no dial operation. Everything would fit down to the colour (16) being sea green and looks as good as when first made, many thanks for your help.

unbeldi

A manual (no dial) Cinderella, how nice!
That must be quite rare.
How does the apparatus blank (the filler for the dial opening) look?
Do you have pictures of your set?

paul-f

Quote from: unbeldi on November 03, 2015, 04:57:15 PM
How does the apparatus blank (the filler for the dial opening) look?
Do you have pictures of your set?

We have photos of a gray set here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3312.msg43922#msg43922

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4233.msg54878#msg54878

It would be great to see a green one, too!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

WEBellSystemChristian

Very interesting that yours has the dial blank! Is it color-matched (painted metal/solid color plastic)?

Can you post a picture of the phone?
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

LarryInMichigan

For what it's worth, I noticed this ebay item under vintage radios: ebay link.  This has a SC version of a Princess with a dial blank.

Larry

HarrySmith

Pretty Cool! Not just a phone, a complete school intercom system! Including the desk!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

migette

Hi, thanks for your replies, also sorry not getting back sooner as I am waiting hospital for heart surgery so that has taken up time sorting out clothes and things to take. When I get out I will include a photo of the phone, thanking you all again.....Peter

Mr. Bones

Dearie me, Peter....

I am hoping for the absolute best possible outcome. :)

My best regards to you, and yours!

Bones

Quote from: migette on November 15, 2015, 03:29:42 PM
Hi, thanks for your replies, also sorry not getting back sooner as I am waiting hospital for heart surgery so that has taken up time sorting out clothes and things to take. When I get out I will include a photo of the phone, thanking you all again.....Peter
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus