News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

More and more Shmoos on eBay

Started by Partyline4, November 19, 2015, 09:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partyline4

I keep seeing the Shmoo go up for sale on eBay. People are even offering buy it now prices because they are so predictable!

However, the prices seem to be falling from the low 1,000's to the 700's.

Supply and demand I guess..

jsowers

At first I was wondering what you were referrng to. You need to post eBay links or auction pictures.

Below are two Shmoo auctions, one from July and one from May of 2015, but neither was a Buy it Now. I found them in my bookmarks, but not in an eBay search of completed auctions. I don't think it illustrates a trend because it's just two phones. The completed Contour , also shown below, that brought over $2,000 means those phones are not going that low.
Jonathan

Partyline4

Well, that's just what you've seen recently. I've been watching the market for years.

There was one recently that had a best offer accepted, and it was probably in the mid 600's - www.ebay.com/itm/191704974580

For posterity,

The Contour went that high because it is a Contour, not a Shmoo. The Shmoo usually sells for $1000-$1200. Even the displays do well.

It just seems like to me that people are selling them more and more, almost as if they are being bought just to be re-sold again.

I was lead to believe initially that Shmoos were a very rare item, like chicken teeth!

I would think such a rare item would stay put in the hands of collectors, instead of being swapped so frequently.