News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WANTED -- Phone Booth Parts

Started by Fleetcmat, November 18, 2017, 03:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetcmat

Hi All, I am in need of the shelves, directory holder and the top piece for the door that rides in the track for a WE aluminum outdoor phone booth. Does anybody have them? Thanks John

Payphone installer

There are many typ s of these booths a picture would be helpful

Fleetcmat

I agree. Let me see if I can figure out how to post some pictures over the holiday. Thanks.

TelePlay

If you are new to this, ad then this posted here as a quick start, you can add up to 6 images to each reply using the "Attachments and other options" hyperlink on the lower left corner of the text box. The "(more attachments)" hyperlink below the "Browse" button will open up additional browse buttons for more images, up to 6 per reply.

Photos in jpg format with the largest side of the image no larger than 2500 to 3000 pixels will load without problems. Photos less than 1000 pixels on the largest side will have poor resolution of detail.

Fleetcmat

Thanks for the tip!
I hope to have some photos on this weekend.

Fleetcmat

Hello. Here are the parts I need for my booth. I added the light cover as I need it also. Let me know if you have what I need. Thanks, John

Fleetcmat

Let me try again.

Fleetcmat

Sorry for the sideways pics. Still working on that.

TelePlay

Quote from: Fleetcmat on November 24, 2017, 03:59:02 PM
Sorry for the sideways pics. Still working on that.

This is a function of using a smart phone that registers how the image was taken (portrait or landscape mode) in the image's meta data.

Large uploaded images are shown in the topic in a "thumbnai" size which does not read the meta data, the rotation information.

Normally, when clicking on the thumbnail to enlarge the image, the SMF software would read the rotation information and present the large image in a new window orientated correctly.

Some time ago, in order to deal with an upload security check issue, an option was selected in the SMF software which not only checks for dangerous code strings (malware) but also resizes or recodes the image to remove almost all of the meta data. In doing that, the meta data containing the rotation information is deleted. When clicking on the uploaded sideways thumbnail to enlarge it will now just enlarge the image as seen in the thumbnail - rotation will not be correct to an "as taken" image.

The only solution is to either take images with the smartphone that do not have a rotation code (90° left or right) or first transfer the image from the smart phone to a computer, open it in MS Paint or a similar program, rotate the image, crop the image, resize the image if needed after cropping, saving the image and uploading the saved image. In most cases, this will result in the photo thumbnail and the expanded view in the desired orientation.

The is a lot of information covering many years in this forum board

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=84.0

but the above is a current abstract of all of the above concerning your issues with sideways images.

( PS:  I download, rotated and uploaded your images in the first image post )

Fleetcmat

Fleetcmat

Hi All, I am still in need of the light lens. Thanks.