News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Name of Chinese Site with Mini PABX?

Started by Fabius, March 09, 2018, 12:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

About 2 months ago someone posted information about a Chinese web site that sold mini PABXs. I went to the site but actually bought non telephone items (land navigation compasses). They were cheaper then ebay and I received them fast considering they came from China. Plus the quality was good.

I want to go back to this site but lost the link (yes, I should of bookmarked it). The name begins with an A I think.

As I safety measure I used a debit card that I use for on line purchases. It normally has no balance but if I spend $100 at a website I transfer$100 to it for only that transaction.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

kb3pxr

They are sold on Aliexpress, eBay, and even Amazon. They are DTMF only for dialing and provide a high (50Hz at least) frequency for ringing. Features are limited (especially caller ID and don't even think about call waiting) on the low end models.

Fabius

Thanks. I actually want to order more land nav compasses. But I did take another look at the mini PABXs. The cheapest model is:

Model: SV308 PBX which has 3 incoming lines x 8 Ext. While the total price which includes shipping is attractive at $58.76 US as you mention what is the quality? As far as caller ID the product info states:

The SV-308 is capable of receiving FSK/DTMF (Bellcore standard) caller id sent from local telephone company. The telephones used on system must have DTMF caller id detection capabilities.

Also has:

three-way conferencing

call waiting

External call authorization with password protection

Extension with 'do not disturb' turned on will not ring

During power failures extension #1 remain useable

User can record his own greeting message which will be stored in the PBX's non volatile memory.

External calls can be disconnected at a preset time limit from 1 to 99 minutes on a per extension basis.

On-hold music.

Remote programable

Automated Attendant Mode
Caller will listen to an user prerecorded greeting message (out going message about 10 seconds in length, examples: for sales department please dial 601, engineering department please dial 602...) when the automated attendant is turned on the automated attendant will then handle the caller's response and then connect the call to the appropriate extension.

Ringing Current: AC 70V ±10%,  50HZ. Power consumption: 15W

I use the Panasonic 616 at home. While the 616 has 8 incoming lines and 16 extensions this mini PABX is much smaller and has low power consumption. And does not need a special phone to program it like the 616 does.

Their website:  https://tinyurl.com/ycrk2wag

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

cihensley@aol.com

Wow, they certainly offer many models. Do any of them work with dial telephones?

Chuck

Fabius

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on March 10, 2018, 01:18:02 PM
Wow, they certainly offer many models. Do any of them work with dial telephones?

Chuck

The few I looked at made no mention of dial pulse. You could buy one of those dial pulse converters.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

twocvbloke

Just remember that you're pretty much out of luck when it comes to a warranty on such a thing bought direct from china, and if they're not manufactured properly (and a lot of stuff from over there isn't) it could pose a safety risk to users operating the thing, so, buyer beware... :-\

Fabius

I ordered a SV 308 mini pabx thru the Chinese website. I'll report back when I get it. It will replace the Panasonic 616. I like the small size and low power consumption of the SV 308
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905