News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

500 Set Education Continues

Started by Doug Rose, June 08, 2020, 10:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

As I get serious about 500 sets my education continues.

I was introduced to the soft plastic Light Beige 500. I thought Beige....ech. Not so! Dated 6 27 58, I was told the light beige is a very desirable set. Not many made? Beige?

Another Forum Member traded this to me. It is in really wonderful condition.

My 500 set education continues, I am learning after I sold the most desirable set to find........Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Light beige is generally not considered a very desirable 500 color being that many of us consider beige ugly and that it is a very common color for 500s.  For soft plastic 500s though, light beige is uncommon because the color was introduced (after rose beige was dropped) towards the end of the use of soft plastic.

Larry

Doug Rose

thanks Larry....good information. I did know this......I am learning....Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Doug with a row of 500s, who'd a thunk😀😀
Gary

Doug Rose

Gary....I was sitting in the Phone Room last night and thought the exact same thing! ;D  ....Doug
Kidphone

Quote from: Doug Rose on June 09, 2020, 08:05:40 AM
Gary....I was sitting in the Phone Room last night and thought the exact same thing! ;D  ....Doug

I hear you Doug, that happens to me very time I walk into my phone room as well. :)

Scott

I think it is interesting that Doug's path to acquiring the 500s is a lot like mine. I had the dark blue and the rose beige long before I got the ivory and light beige as well. I also feel I have seen about the same amount of the dark brown as well. The dark gray is another story. I have seen only two since I have been looking. Your 500 collection looks great Doug.

Scott K.

Doug Rose

Scott was my trading partner for this beauty This is just a wonderful phone....Doug
Kidphone

compubit

While not a big fan of beige, a well kept (non-faded) and clean beige 500 does Look sharp to me (as does a beige 1500, especially with a dark grey faceplate).

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Scott

Thanks Doug. Win-win for sure. I just may ask for it back when I find out it is better than the one I have in my collection. ;D Just kidding.

Scott K.