News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Turquoise Princess Phone

Started by SunriseEarth, May 07, 2019, 07:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunriseEarth

I'm adding to my Princess phone collection.   You see a lot of aqua Princess phones on eBay that have yellowed over the years and become a fake "turquoise".   But when I saw the handset and line cords and the lack of blue fade lines, I figured this auction was for a true turquoise one. 

Even if I was mistaken, it was only $18 BIN + $12 shipping, so I figured I didn't really have much to lose.   It arrived yesterday and I was very delighted to find I made a good purchase.

I cleaned it up and had to move some wires in the 4-prong plug to get it to ring and for the light to work (I also needed to replace the bulb).   I also made some adjustments to the ringer to make it sound decent.   

I took the attached picture for Instagram and included my aqua Princess for color comparison.
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

jsowers

That's a very good price for a 702B with no fading of the plastic. And you managed to fix all the minor problems these phones usually have without our help. Have you been reading the Forum? You've already learned how to spot turquoise too. It's not easy. I think you just graduated from beginner to expert. Or whatever you'd like to be called.  :)
Jonathan

Jim Stettler

Sounds like a Find of the Month to me.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

SunriseEarth

Quote from: jsowers on May 07, 2019, 07:53:44 PM
That's a very good price for a 702B with no fading of the plastic. And you managed to fix all the minor problems these phones usually have without our help. Have you been reading the Forum? You've already learned how to spot turquoise too. It's not easy. I think you just graduated from beginner to expert. Or whatever you'd like to be called.  :)

I have definitely learned a lot in my time here and have read up quite a bit!  It's very rewarding to take something that needs a little help and get it in working order. 

This phone really is a beauty.  I'll have to get some more pics up.
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

FABphones

Screenshot of eBay listing.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Dan/Panther

Nice find. The faded Aqua Princess has fooled many. Like Jim said, FOTM.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson