News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Old Rose 302 eBay 140442033245 $835 WOW!!!

Started by Doug Rose, August 25, 2010, 09:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Phone prices are falling through the floor! Old Rose 302 for ONLY $835!!! Prices are falling? Well not on everything....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140442033245&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT ( dead link 04-09-21 )
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Doug Rose

Dennis...especially with  "IT HAS THE ORIGINAL MATCHING COLOR CORDS AND THEY DO NOT SHOW ANY WEAR."  I see wear and fading on the handset cord. The line cord looks better, but there is also a silver satin coming out the back? I'd have to guess on the setup as there are no pictures of the inside. Case looks to be in really nice shape, but this is at the most a $400 phone if in great shape. ...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

heres one that looks better than this one

http://tinyurl.com/3agcyyr ( dead link 04-09-21 )
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

HarrySmith

I saw that one yesterday, very nice except for the crack!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

that could be fixed and would be a better looking phone than than that one in my opinion
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

IMO I have never seen a repaired crack that looks as good as a non cracked shell.  Better in the back than the front, but a crack is a crack...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

I agree about the crack. I have seen repairs that were very good but still quite visible as a repair.

Here is another Pink 302, at a very cheap price:

http://tinyurl.com/365vlx4 ( dead link 04-09-21 )
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Kenny C

does it look like there were cracks in the handset on the one that went for 835 to any of you too or is it just a glare
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Kenny,,,thermoplastic condition on this is about as nice as I have ever seen on a color 302. I don't see any hairlines on the handset or the shell, but then again the pictures aren't perfect. I would take it in a heartbeat, but not $835 heartbeats. It sold for over twice what I think its worth, but its only my opinion.....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

I just saw a similar rose 302 phone in a shop near here.  The shop sells stamps and coins, but the owner likes to collect old things, and he told me about a phone that he found years ago in an old house, and today he showed it to me.  The inductor is dated II 53, and the 5J dial is dated 12 52.  There are no cracks in the shell or handset, but the side of the shell is slightly warped, and the plastic looks like it might be a bit faded.  It is currently a bit dirty and has some paint drippings on it.  The handset cord is a matching cloth cord, but the line cord is brown cloth and very fat.  I told the owner not to through it away unless he first tells me :)

Larry

bingster

As always, shiny sells big, and this one's very shiny.  It's one of the nicest rose 302s I've seen, but I agree, the price seems high, given the fact that rose is a fairly common color in the colored 302 range.
= DARRIN =