News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 19 - 1956 WE 500 in Dark Blue

Started by bingster, January 06, 2009, 12:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

Dennis, don't trust him. Look what he did to me. Just ship it to me, and, I'll give you the fifty bucks back.
As for you, Dip Pan.......  >:(
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Bill I almost forgot to wish you another year of freedom, on the anniversary of your Parole.
BTW, I still have those PHONEY ENRON stocks you gave me..
D/P

Dan

Quote from: Dennis Markham on January 06, 2009, 02:04:48 PM
I went to an outdoor antique fair in July of 2007 in the area.  A white-haired guy had a bunch of telephones on display on his table.  A 302, a 202, some other black phones for which he wanted over $100 apiece.  But what had caught my eye from 20 yards away was a  blue 500.  I negotiated for the black phones asking how much he wanted for each, pretending I didn't even notice the blue phone with gray coiled handset cord and matching line cord.  My heart was pounding like a jack-rabbit.  After pondering the costs that he had given me, with absolutely no interest in any of them, I asked the question.  "What do you want for that blue plastic one?"  He thought a moment and said, with a question in his voice... $35.00?  I peeled off two $20 bills and had to concentrate on keeping my hands from shaking while I waited for my $5 in change.  He said something like, boy, as fast as you got that money out I should have said $50!  I thanked him and walked as fast as I could to my car and got out of there.    True story.  They're still out there---you just have to keep looking.

I've been back to that antique fair each of the three times a summer that they have it...May, July and September.  I see that guy each time but so far nothing else good.  Sometimes it's the hunt more than the kill.

Hey, this wouldn't happen to be the Springfield Ohio Antiques fair, would it? I went there in sept last year.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

As far as the auction mediterranean blue beauty, I'll go $279
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

sesjrs

Dan

hello, newbie, as a rule 666 is NEVER allowed in a price bid. (Just foolin' ) Welcome

bingster

= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

sesjrs;
Did they tell you that the person farthest from the actual price, has to buy me the same phone.
D/P

Dennis Markham

Bill, the phone is in the mail.  Watch for it.

The antique fair I'm talking about was in Michigan, near Sterling Heights.

McHeath

Now now, D/P and Bill, you boys play nice.  Afterall nice Uncle Dennis is really going to send me that phone as I just broke my leg, my mom is lonely and needs a friend, my cat has cancer, my roof leaks, my car just blew the head gasket, my son needs a job, my hair is thinning and my desk lamp is burned out. 

Clearly I am a soul in great need, and Dennis, being the kind hearted and charitable fellow that we all know he is, will respond in the spirit of yearlong Christmas generosity that so befits this forum of fine people.

Box the blue phone up and send it next day please. 
;)

bingster

Now that's just greedy.  If you send it to me, you can use parcel post.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

I knew better than to tell that story........

bingster

Kids, join us again next week for another heartwarming episode of "Dennis Markham Learns a Lesson." ;D
= DARRIN =