News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What did I buy?

Started by bushman, February 15, 2010, 10:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

I am not sure why I purchased this. I think you guy's are rubbing off on me. I believe it is a subset. I can't find any makers marks other than "Daniel H McNulty 8-36" on the faced wiring diagram. The bell sounds when you turn the crank. It has 4 wires hanging out the bottom that have snipped off.  Any info?

Bushman

LarryInMichigan

Bushman,

You bought a magneto subset which would have been connected to a battery and phone, such as a candlestick.  The four wires sicking out of the bottom appear to be for the battery and the phone line.  The wires from the phone were connected to the terminals marked "R", "G", and "Y".  If you get another one of these, two local battery phones, and two 3V batteries, you can make calls between the phones.  Turning the crank generates power for the ringers.

Larry

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bushman on February 15, 2010, 10:27:13 PM
I am not sure why I purchased this. I think you guy's are rubbing off on me. I believe it is a subset. I can't find any makers marks other than "Daniel H McNulty 8-36" on the faced wiring diagram. The bell sounds when you turn the crank. It has 4 wires hanging out the bottom that have snipped off.  Any info?

Bushman
Bushman,
McNulty was a rebuilder.  His company would buy up old parts and refurb them for resale. There were several companies that did this. Somewhere I think I have a catalog for one of the companies. I don't think McNulty tho.

Somewhere I have a princess phone that was created by one of these outfits. They used the wrong dial , a stamped Aluminum base and an old induction coil (wood phone) for a network. The hookswitch is pretty special set-up as well.
When it turns up I will post some photo's

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.