News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay Find Stromberg Carlson Wood Wall Phone w/Mercedes Dial

Started by Doug Rose, June 30, 2012, 01:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this beauty as a BIN on eBay for $55. Mercedes dial. The wood is outstanding with just a stress crack in the back. Hookswitch is working. Marked SC receiver and cap, the shell does have a crack but not really bad. Transmitter is really nice, but the MP is destroyed so I am on the lookout for one. Original SC cord still has the paper. This will be fun.....Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150845774498
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Nice score Doug! Great price on a neat phone. The dial alone could probably sell for 2 or 3 times that!
Congrats.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

wds

That one is a keeper.  I don't think I would sell it - nice find.
Dave

Doug Rose

thanks guys.....gave it about three hours this afternoon, got it stripped and the nickel cleaned up. Howards retorafinish and the grain is just outstanding. Love the old wood. Everything is still inside. take care...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

That is quite a catch.  Where is the condenser?

Larry

AE40FAN

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on June 30, 2012, 11:14:03 PM
That is quite a catch.  Where is the condenser?

Larry
Larry....on the back ....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE40FAN on June 30, 2012, 11:46:05 PM
Please post after photos!
Almost done. I need one of those little wood nails to tap in the other side of the SC plaque. I have some, think I can find them. Anyone have one???

MP is a repro, I was amazed I had an SC. I am really more than happy wioth the phone.

This is really a well built phone and is much heavier than it looks. Wood is great. Good price, but about 8 hours or work all totaled. ...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

couple more pics
Kidphone

wds

Dave

AE40FAN

Can't believe the BIN was only 55 dollars!  Looks great.