"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A E Dial Monophone Extension Set , Type 14-A

Started by stub, April 20, 2011, 04:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Hi,
   Here is a AE 14-A that I purchased from a Rotary Phone Forum member a few weeks ago.
   This phone has the induction coil receiver and resistance coil ( 205 ohm wire wound resistor ). It has several cracks , a deep gouge on top, and a chunk broke out. They have been repaired( one I couldn't get to go away) and I forgot or misplaced all but 2 before pics. Here we go --   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Here are pics of finished phone-     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

GG

Holy cow, dude, you are really really good at repairs & restorations.  How did you deal with the missing chunk?

BTW, I've got a little free time this week; major client's PBX numbering plan change delayed (thankfully); will try to get your speakerphone adaptor out the door, I have a couple other things to ship also. 

Doug Rose

Stub....beautiful phone. You did a wonderful job in your restoration. This is not an easy phone to find. Nice job!!....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

stub

GG,
     Thanks , I'm still keeping the faith on the speakerphone adapter .
       I used Permatex 30 min. General Epoxy and Casting Craft Color Pigment Concentrate for coloring polyester and epoxy resins.

Doug, Thanks, I had alot of help from a member and I'm still working on that line on the top left of the case.

Dennis , Thanks ,  I would have responded earlier but I left town as soon as I posted this phone and just got home  .       stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

Stub:

You did a great job.  Absolutely beautiful.

-Bill G

Kenny C

Is this the dial cup you were painting when you called me a few days ago?

It looks great
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

stub

Kenny,
           Yeah, It's the one I dropped not one time but twice before I got the paint cured. The cup was sand casted aluminum and had a very rough textured surface.       stub
Kenneth Stubblefield