News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Brimfield Last Week

Started by Doug Rose, September 04, 2018, 08:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan and I went to Brimfield todayl..Opening Day Part III. It was just as hot as went we went in July. Mid 90s and high humidity. No snow in site  8) Loved every minute of it. Kept the tan alive!

Got to Brimfield at 6;50 and left at 14.15 . My puppies and surgically repaired hip were barking at me. Wonder Woman had no issues!

We usually average 17 phones per show...today we had 18 plus a Nutcracker that Jan collects for her Christmas display.

Highlights were a great WE 234 Payphone with KEYS!! for $100 Removed from Service in Hackinsack (sorry... what exit)  NJ.

WE Ivory 302 for $10....but no caps or elements. This looks white!! Where the fu#*  were caps!!!! I'll never match them

Got home ...watered the Lawn  ;D...had a few on the porch and took pics. Dinner Shower (thank God I was soaked thru) and here they are.

This is what Telephone Collectors do. I am beat...will never make 9PM.......The Kid of Phone
Kidphone

FABphones

Wow. You are lucky to have Brimfield, another good haul.
And I spy yet another phone there that's on my want list.

Well done guys.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

Indeed a nice haul, as usual....Glad you got properly rested up and rehydrated.

Is that ivory red bar painted? I'm assuming it is just because you didn't mention it as a highlight of the day.

Way to g....I wish I had a phone show near by!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Butch Harlow

...when I was a kid we lived in Wilbraham. Not too far from Brimfield. In Richmond, VA, where I live now, there is not such a thing like Brimfield. Oh well.
Butch Harlow

Doug Rose

Brimfield takes your day from you! Then rewards you. Phones are really expensive or ridiculously cheap. You MUST be patient...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Very nice haul Doug, congrats.
Gary

HowardPgh

i like the North with the metal dial in the front row. I like "playing" with them.
Howard

Doug Rose

Howard....I love the sound of the old North Dials. It is a working phone and will be for sale soon once i get it cleaned up. ....Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

Quote from: Doug Rose on September 05, 2018, 02:07:47 PM
Howard....I love the sound of the old North Dials. It is a working phone and will be for sale soon once i get it cleaned up. ....Doug
I like to get them as is and clean them up myself. That's the fun in getting old phones.
Howard

Chesterwick

Nice haul. I've gone to Brimfield a few times and loved it...I've seen your previous threads of Brimfield hauls....Do you leave anything for the rest of us who might be there? LOL

Joe

Doug Rose

Brimfield is the best but it does take its toll on older bodies....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

I miss large outdoor sales.  There were a couple near me on the Indiana/ Michigan state line area.  What small ones there are down here are picked out before they are set out.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

Beautiful Day at Brimfield. Jan and I were there at 6:30 and left at 2:30. Eight hours on our feet. One beautiful AE stick, Aqua and red 500 set are dated 59  AE ship phone, two very nice Couch intercoms with nice nickel but the rest are parts. Couple of very cool clocks. 302 is metal with a 4H dial but has not been opened. ...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I got a little time yesterday to clean up the AE Stick. Dial ia a beauty with a great sound. Bit of brass showing through the nickel. I had to use a WE celluloid as the original was in pieces. I fixed it after pics so the slot in the celluloid is in back of one of the bars of the retainer. Dial card survived all these years. We are in WE country so finding an AE stick is a bit of luck...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Couch Seely wood intercom. Wood is in really nice shape as is the nickel. Check out the rattlesnake handset cord. Looks brand new, these cleaned up really well with a dab of Howards and brasso. I love the single gong sets. Being a boy from Boston, you can't beat the markings on this beauty!...Doug
Kidphone