News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 80 Finger wheel removal

Started by debeaune, February 22, 2015, 08:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

debeaune

Team, not sure why I struggle with these, maybe I never clearly understood the method but how do I remove this finger wheel from the dial?  What is the process, is it the same as the 500s because it doesn't seem to be.  Please let me know, thanks. Tim

TelePlay

Doug Rose

That's why I am a WE guy. I  have never got the retainer to release. This design is soooo frustrating....Doug
Kidphone

debeaune

I have seen this post, which is where I originally learned it "Put your finger in the zero hole and rotate the finger wheel all the way until it won't turn any further. Keeping a slight pressure on the finger wheel (trying to turn it even further past the stop) put a paper clip in the hole trying to push a little tab towards the centre of the dial. When you catch it and move it slightly inwards the finger wheel will rotate a little further releasing it from the dial" but finding that little tab is not easy, will try again.

TelePlay

The attached PDF is from one of paul-f's links and is quite inclusive as a "how to" at removing all types of finger wheels.

stub

Tim,
         Go to pg. 5 of the download Teleplay posted and just push down at a slight angle in the hole. I use a taxidermy pin with the point cut off so it's flat , then turn dial to zero and when you hit the finger stop put another finger in the 3 hole and continue to rotate clockwise it should come right off. To put it back on locate fingerwheel as in last pic and rotate counterclockwise .
          I'll get SC dial to you as soon as I can get to town.  Hope this helps.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

TelePlay

Just curious, did you ever get the finger wheel off?