News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Oh great, shipping nightmares. Anyone come across this?

Started by Bridie, December 21, 2013, 05:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Bridie,

Hopefully, it will get there just fine.

I recently received an item from an ePay seller, mistakenly. I had made a purchase from them, and they had shipped another seller's item to me, as well. Oops, it happens.

I looked at the shipping labels, which gave me the buyer's info, re-packaged it, sent it along, along with an enclosed note, and message to the buyer via ePay, explaining that their item was enroute.

The comical thing about the transaction is that the item only had to travel across town (Phoenix) from seller to buyer. Instead, it took a rather circuitous route through KS.

Keep on with the Guinness and cider, and jam sandwiches! Go mbeannaí Dia dhuit!

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

gands-antiques

I sent a package Parcel Post from Oklahoma to Calif and it first went to the wrong post office in Calif and then to Florida, to Missouri, back to Florida and then back to Calif.  Somehow it finally arrived at the correct location in Calif 11 days later.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!
Gary

LarryInMichigan

I am waiting for a package at the moment which, according to the USPS tracking page, has left the regional sorting facility twice in the past four days, but never reached my local post office.

Larry

twocvbloke

I'm just glad that to date, I've only ever had the one issue with the USPS's, ahem, "service", I'm waiting for another package from my friend that sent the goodies (this time it's vac parts and a '53 WE500), and most of the time it goes well, aside from when it gets stuck somewhere like UK customs and I don't see tracking updates for a week... ???

I remember when my friend ordered some clothing, and it was originally located just a couple of states away from Texas, but for some reason the package went on a tour of New York and a few other states before actually arriving where he lives, if only packages could earn the recipients airmiles due to the distances travelled... ;D

Bridie

Well, over a month now and my parcel still hasn't arrived.  The last known date location was December 20th at Chicago IL.  Since then it seems to have vanished and nobody seems able to tell me anything.  I'll give it another week and that's it, I start getting ugly.  >:( >:(   I can understand now why some sellers won't ship to Canada.  If I were a seller I certainly wouldn't want to deal with this crap and worried customers.
Bridget

LarryInMichigan

Have you checked the Canada Post website using the same tracking number which showed the package in Chicago?  Once it leaves the USA, the USPS tracking might not show much about it.

Larry

Bridie

No, unfortunately neither of the tracking numbers are valid for Canada Post tracking.
Bridget

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Bridie on January 07, 2014, 12:09:49 PM
No, unfortunately neither of the tracking numbers are valid for Canada Post tracking.

The tracking number for the shipping to Canada should be valid for the Canada Post site.  It probably ends in "US".  If the Canada Post site shows that it has no information for the number, something has gone wrong.  I believe that the information is supposed to be sent to the destination country before the package arrives there. 

At any rate, if your item does not show up within a certain amount of time, ebay is supposed to issue you a refund.  You will have the pleasure of a long conversation with a clueless customer support person in the Philippines.

Larry

Bridie

I had the tracking number for FedEx which was a 12-digit number, and the Global Tracking Number which began with UPAAA.  Those are the only two numbers I have :(
Bridget

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Bridie on January 07, 2014, 12:25:50 PM
I had the tracking number for FedEx which was a 12-digit number, and the Global Tracking Number which began with UPAAA.  Those are the only two numbers I have :(

Was the package sent to Canada by USPS or FedEx?

Larry

Bridie

Well well well.  Called FedEx again and spoke with a couple of other people and got more detail, and have been in contact with Pitney Bowes.  Apparently it WAS misaddressed by the seller, due to a miscommunication.  Neither one of us understood the Global Shipping Program.  She got a shipping address for me from ebay for the Pitney Bowes address, at a Suite #200.  I thought it was going to be addressed to my address, so when I messaged her and asked if I could change my suite address from 1225 to 1325 to ensure someone would be there to sign for it, she changed it -- on the shipping address she got from ebay (the Pitney Bowes address).  That suite # at that address doesn't exist, so it sat there at the FedEx KY depot for two weeks while they sent a mail card to me at the address that didn't exist (because they didn't have a phone number) and then sent it back to the sender.  The problem is, the sender never received it back.  Someone named Sharon signed for it, but the sender says she never received it.

So I guess I should just cut my losses and get a refund from ebay.  I'm sad though that I missed out on that phone.  It really was lovely and it was a good price.

Global Shipping Program. Meh, never again.  This has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have a massive headache and may just have to have a couple of glasses of wine when I get home.  >:(
Bridget

Bridie

Quick update:  The AE40 found its way back to the seller, who tried sending it to me again.  I got a tracking # from Canada Post the other day and received notification last night that it made it to Halifax.  It should be in my hands on Monday!  Now, fingers crossed it didn't get broken along the way...
Bridget

AE_Collector

AE40? What was the Pitney Bowes stuff about? I thought it was office equipment of some sort. Not that an AE40 isn't valid office equipment....in the 1940's and 50's!

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 18, 2014, 09:30:59 PM
AE40? What was the Pitney Bowes stuff about? I thought it was office equipment of some sort. Not that an AE40 isn't valid office equipment....in the 1940's and 50's!

Terry
Pitney Bowes is the Ebay Global Shipping contractor. The seller in the US ships the item to their  ERLANGER, KY  41018 facility, where they do the customs clearance, handle the forwarding to Canada. It is basically a freight forwarding facility owned by Pitney Bowes...

http://pages.ebay.com/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

I have actually had good luck with the service, and many US sellers will send it that way when they won't send it direct, as they don't have to deal with the customs documents and taxes. However, what happened to Bridie is that the seller sent Pitney Bowes the wrong address for her so it got forwarded to the wrong address. Went in a circle...

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Bridie

Pitney Bowes seems to be the customs agent under the Global Shipping Program on ebay now.  The item is sent to their KY address where it's processed and the customs forms are filled out, then they send it forward to the buyer.  I hadn't bought from ebay in a long time, so the entire process was new to me.  So glad the phone is finally here  ;D
Bridget