News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I think I'm a full blown addict

Started by foots, May 14, 2009, 04:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

Any doubts I had about me being a phone addict have been erased. I just bought this. I guess I'll be able to practice some of the finer points of phone restoration without fear of damaging a valuable phone - this thing cost me a whopping $16.68 total.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Tonyrotary

From one addict to another, welcome! They say there is no cure! What I recommend is buy all the colors available in the 500 series and call me in a month for further diagnosis. ;D

HobieSport

My condolences, Foots. Even the strongest of character may succumb to the disease.  Have you tried your local chapter of T.A.A.?  (Telephone Addicts Anonymous) ;)

Dan/Panther

Matt;
The T.A.A., is strictly for the weak that can't handle phones...
You go Tony, let the kids build their own inhertitance.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Tonyrotary

LOL D/P. Can see it now. "what am I supposed to do with 20 rotary phones Dad left me?" "More importantly how do I dial it?"

AET

Quote from: Tonyrotary on May 14, 2009, 03:35:08 PM
LOL D/P. Can see it now. "what am I supposed to do with 20 rotary phones Dad left me?" "More importantly how do I dial it?"

LOL, that made me literally laugh out loud!
- Tom

McHeath

Yeah I can just see the yard sale after I kick the bucket.

"What's up with all the rotary phones?"

"Ah well, the old man kinda was nuts about em'.  We gotta clear em' out, make an offer."

"How about 50 bucks for all of them?"

"Sold!"
:-[

HobieSport

Quote from: Tonyrotary
"More importantly how do I dial it?"

There's a famous racy line about that, in the movie "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid", but I'm not going to repeat it in polite company.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083798/quotes

Tonyrotary

LOL Hobie.

Tom glad you got a laugh out of that lol.

McHeath, yeah after we spend all our money some lucky collector gets the deal of a lifetime.

Dan/Panther

After I'm gone, I just hope it all goes to a collector.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Mine will probably go to someone who wants to recycle it for the value of the metal and plastics.   :-\  Pretty sure no one in the family will want it, or probably even see the value of it, unless I live another 50 years and old rotary phones are super collectable then.

Might have to donate it to the local museum in the will. 

DavePEI

Quote from: Tonyrotary on May 14, 2009, 03:35:08 PM
Kids today would be more concerned with how to text on it. Hmmmm., I see the numbers and the letters - how do I change case?
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

gpo706

Don't listen to those disparaging comments, its a lovely phone same colour, much like my MTS 500 hybrid thing, which works fine thanks to Larry sending me a new RX.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2064.0
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"