News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

telephone Face mats

Started by Babybearjs, July 13, 2014, 08:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, this was suppose to be easy but didn't work too well... I have a S-C 1800 3 line deskset and the paper facemat that was under the plexiglass was so badly damaged that I had to throw it away. I also have a S-C 1700 series 6 button wall phone and thought that I could scan off the facemat on it and use it on my 1800 phone.....wrong.... the units are opposite each other in the design and the face mat was only for the assigned model it was used in... enclosed is a copy of what I have and need to ask, does anyone know how to make a universal template for these so they can be customized... you can go to any scrapbooking store and get a large variety of colored paper to use as the facemat paper... has anyone ever tried to make copies of these things to customize your phones they go to???
John

TelePlay

What is the exact length and with of the card on this 6 line and your 3 line? Can you scan the plastic cover from the 3 line?

Babybearjs

the last scan wasn't very good. and can't be uploaded because of its size. does anyone have a S-C 1800 3 line phone in their collection that they could scan the paper mat into a jpg or pdf file so it could be printed. using a solid colored paper, pastel would work best they could print new facemats. I tried this years ago and it makes the 1800 look really nice with a fancy paper mat on it.... I would have to take the plexiglass template to a shop to have some paper custom cut for it.... I could do it but want to see if anyone could help here....
John

Owain

I just made a programming overlay for my panasonic phone:
- find a photo of the phone on Google image search (you can skip this step as you already have a scan). Copy and
- paste into Paint (other bitmap graphic software is available) and erase unnecessary lines and text. Copy and
- paste into Writer (other word processing software is available)
- measure on the phone the height and width of the button panel
- draw in Writer lines of these lengths and move them to over the image
- stretch the image until it corresponds to the lines
- remove the lines and add text boxes etc as necessary
- print, laminate for rigidity, then cut out holes with scalpel

My original image was here

For continual use I'd have cut all the button holes individually and round the curved edge rather than squaring them off for speed.

Babybearjs

yeh, see you had a template to work with, I don't.... so what I have to do is make one... that's the hard part.... if I take a piece of construction paper, trace out all the openings on the plexiglass part of the phone, then scan it into my computer, add the alphanumeric values, and it should be OK, its just easier if I had the original paper mat to scan... that way I wouldn't have to mess with doing the graphics.... plus it would look right.... well, we will pursue this later.... its time for a vacation!
John

AE_Collector

I'm not following you re 3 line / 6 line key phone. Is the phone and key strip the same on a 3 line as the 6 line but it is like an AE 87 or 187 with 3 line and 3 hold buttons rather than 1 hold / 5 line keys?

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on July 16, 2014, 12:10:17 AM
I'm not following you re 3 line / 6 line key phone. Is the phone and key strip the same on a 3 line as the 6 line but it is like an AE 87 or 187 with 3 line and 3 hold buttons rather than 1 hold / 5 line keys?

Terry, I think this is an example of a 3-line he is referring to, the buttons are on the right rather than on the left as in the 6-line pictured above.

paul-f

Here are some more varieties for discussion...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

see the difference between the 2 styles... and if its a wall set....then its upside down.... or backwards.... anyway, These facemats need to be scanned, and made so they can be reprinted on colored paper.... what do you think?
John

AE_Collector

Okay, that is what I was wondering about...a 3 line / 3 hold NON 1A2 key phone. Just like an AE 87 or 187.

Why couldn't they decide whether to put the key strip on the left or the right side on these?! Or are the ones with keys on the left wall sets?

Terry

paul-f

Quote from: AE_Collector on July 23, 2014, 09:44:18 PM
Okay, that is what I was wondering about...a 3 line / 3 hold NON 1A2 key phone. Just like an AE 87 or 187.

Why couldn't they decide whether to put the key strip on the left or the right side on these?! Or are the ones with keys on the left wall sets?

Terry

Yes.  The wall sets have the bases flipped so the thick part is at the bottom and the dial slopes backward toward the wall at the top of the set. 

The desk set has the thicker part at the top.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line