News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 117: Mahogany Automatic Electric 1 Monophone telephone

Started by TelePlay, April 13, 2014, 04:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldopeacock

$1975.   That is some of the prettiest Bakelite I've ever seen.

Dan

Slot me in @ 2032.68

-----------------------

EDIT:  The gap in which $2,032.68 falls is only 6.13% wide and as such can not be split and this guess can not be accepted.

Awaiting a new guess (see chart below of available guesses or guess ranges)

EDIT #2  Since the current auction bid surpassed Dan's original guess and the directly adjacent guesses so the issue of crowding is mute, Dan's original guess will be included in the contest
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Doug Rose

$1400 and the winner of the recent Blue 302 is lurking....all right Frank!....Doug
Kidphone

Russ Kirk

$3120
Oh well not much left to choose.
I hope he gets it!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

With the current eBay auction bid being $2,250.00, there is only one place left to go and that is at or anywhere above $3,385.

As of this post, there are just under 3 hours left before the guessing window closes (24 hours before an auction ends) so is there anyone else who wants to go high, maybe snipe in the high guess before 9:11 PDT Friday night? Like eBay guesses with the earlier time stamp will be honored first.

Guessing ends at 9:11 PM PDT, 12:11 AM EDT.

TelePlay

And the winners of Auction Contest #117 are Frank and Mr. Bones, who with the fifth entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $2,250.00 and nailed the selling price! The phone sold for $2,250.00. Congratulations go out to both but the win goes to Mr. Bones, his second in the CRPF Auction Contests moving him up a rung in the Contest Standings. Now, the first contest he won was the Model 1 Picture Phone by guessing $22,500 and he wins his second contest with a guess of $2,250. Anyone see a pattern here . . .  ;)

This was an interesting auction in that two bidders kept increasing the high bid of the auction from starting bid of $800 to $2,250 over the 4th, 5th and 6th days of the auction and sat at $2,250 for the rest of the auction. No last second snipes on this one so d***s ( 362) who was on top came out on top to take the phone home.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 117 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Mr. Bones

Wow!

Upon looking at the auction price 'bout 0630 this morning, I thought it would go well beyond my guess, and was silently kicking myself (hard!) for undershooting the phone's value.

Frank, I am extremely happy for you, and sending you all my best wishes! Please, let me know if I can help you in any way, in the days to come.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

AE40FAN

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 20, 2014, 12:36:57 AM
Wow!

Upon looking at the auction price 'bout 0630 this morning, I thought it would go well beyond my guess, and was silently kicking myself (hard!) for undershooting the phone's value.

Frank, I am extremely happy for you, and sending you all my best wishes! Please, let me know if I can help you in any way, in the days to come.

Best regards!

Terrence,

Thank you for the kind words.   I never expected the phone to go this high!   It's funny that you were dead on with your guess.  I made a wise decision selling this phone.  It will go to a collector who has some of the best phones in the world and that is where it belongs!   

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

Russ Kirk

I am sooo happy for you Frank!

CONGRADULATIONS!

I can only dream about finding one of these.
Hummm?  Maybe I should buy one for for my retirement.....  I think I will not want to sell it later....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

AE40FAN

Thanks Russ.

I seriously contemplated on selling this beautify for a long time....I guess the time was right!   A wise decision at this point in my life.   I'd love to see the winning bidders collection!