and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 125: WE Blue 10 Button 1554B Wallphone - Ended 8/21/14

Started by TelePlay, August 14, 2014, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

$175.00

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #125 is AE_Collector, who with the 11th entry (of 12) into the contest offered the winning guess of $242.00. Little did he, or anyone else, know that the phone was worth a lot more to the winning bidder than any of us. That guess gave him his fifth auction contest win moving him up a rung into the rarefied air shared by only one other, Dan/Panther. The auction took off in the first two days and then just sat at $159.06 until the last day. At the very end, a couple of snipes sent the winning bid up to $310.00 and the phone was taken home by a well known bidder, o***p ( 276 ) with his only bid of the auction . Once again, our congratulations go out to AE_Collector for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and up one rung in the Contest Standings.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 126 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

AE_Collector

Geez, my dartboard is more accurate than I thought it was! I had no idea but it knew....

Terry

Mr. Bones

Congrats, Terry!

Enjoy the rarified air, and your newly elevated status! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

For a comparison, I mentioned somewhere above that an olive green 1554 was listed about the same time as this blue 1554. The olive green sat at $26 for a long time. But, 10 buttons have value. That phone sold for $204 plus $10 shipping. There were 7 bidders and 16 bids. Those bidding on the blue 1554 were not bidding on this phone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251617211727