and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 135: "Brown" OST Receiver - Ended 10/04/14

Started by TelePlay, September 27, 2014, 08:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

$170.00

TelePlay

I just noticed the seller changed the description of this receiver from "brown" to "oak" as in "OAK WALL PHONE EAR PIECE."

I don't know how long it has been since that change but regardless, the title of the auction contest will remain the same since it could be wood or brown Bakelite and the photos don't show the surface very well.

With an just under 2 hours to go, maybe the forum member who wins this item can tell us which of the two it really is.

TelePlay

The winner of Auction Contest #136 is wds, who with the 5th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $155.00. That guess gave him his second auction contest win. Once again, our congratulations go out to wds for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by a***p ( 969 ) with his first and only bid, a last second snipe, for $151.38. The auction had 13 bidders and 17 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 136 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

wds

This receiver sold for less than it should have, but lately all candlesticks and receivers have been selling for cheap.  I picked up two candlesticks yesterday for about half what I would have paid less than a year ago.  I sure hope this trend doesn't continue.  Congrats to the person who bought the receiver!
Dave