News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lamp Phone Atrocities!

Started by Greg G., May 06, 2009, 12:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

I don't mind some of the nicely done lamps made from phones but now they've gone too far...

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AL_as_needed

Is that the pose the "boss" makes when she sees you brought home another payphone?
TWinbrook7

HarrySmith

This guy not only destroys phones as he did with this nice color Pink AE 90 wall phone. Check his other items!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122892936071
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

19and41

I hope these artistes have a limited number of these tragedies to make before their creative juices go dry.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 02, 2018, 05:11:39 PM
This guy not only destroys phones as he did with this nice color Pink AE 90 wall phone. Check his other items!

Do I have to? I'd really rather not...if that's okay with everyone......

Terry

kleenax

Here's a CRAZY lamp/phone that I found in Lancaster, PA antique shop in 2005! I didn't want it, so Jon Katz bought it - $85 for a WE#10 lamp! And yes, those are both original AE 1A/31B colored sets that I restored for Katz after finding them in the bowels of an ancient Pullman car, in the middle of a field in rural OHIO!  And, although I found them in a bonafide EARLY, all-wood Pullman car, there was NO rails in site! Just sitting in the middle of a field behind a farmhouse.....but that's another story! ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

FABphones

There's a bloke in the UK who does these ugly conversions too. This one for sale on fleabay at the time of writing.
It is really is sad to see what he has done to it.

A genuine GPO Candlestick. Prior to converting, UK value roughly £400 - £450. Now stripped out, no doubt drilled, and turned into an awful £75 lamp.

You can even just about make out the GPO stamp at the top of the stem. I hope beyond hope that it is merely a good replica, although even the listing says 'GPO'...

I wonder, has nobody ever kindly advised him to check what he has in his hands before he destroys them?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

stub

It's happened again !!!!!!!!!!!!  :'(      stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Pourme

That's about the sadist I have seen in a very long time!....It's worth a rescue!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

twocvbloke

Although a very common phone, this 746 doesn't deserve to be butchered like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142670506462

19and41

that one looks like it would great fun to take a driver and do some driving on that bulb!  Lit!  Snap crackle and pop!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Babybearjs

>:( Eek gads! They even do that over in Europe? Ouch! I would have at least used a 1 Meter pipe on that socket to be able to put a shade on it.... sad....so sad....
John

oldguy

Stub, that is disgusting. I really like those AE50s.
Gary

AE_Collector

Note the number card on the red 50....Junior Achievment. They made lots of lamps from old phones with the Telcos help. Is that one on eBay currently? Would be interesting to see what it goes for.

Terry