News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ugliest wall phone

Started by Fordtrucksforever, February 04, 2015, 11:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fordtrucksforever

Is it just me or do you think this is one ugly phone?

Greg G.

Quote from: Fordtrucksforever on February 04, 2015, 11:50:25 PM
Is it just me or do you think this is one ugly phone?
Must be the phone, we don't know what you look like. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

Looks fine to me, but then it is a british-made phone... :P

Greg G.

Clean it up and it will look like a million bucks.  This one may not be the most elegant, but I wouldn't mind having it in my collection.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

dsk

That has never stroke me, but it is a lot of worse looking phones "by my opinion"  A lot of retro telephones, some of the last designes of German rotary wall telephones among others. 

When you clean, and polish your phone and hang it with the top approx 130 cm up from the floor. Its not looking bad.

dsk

WEBellSystemChristian

To be honest, I don't really like the design of the majority of foreign phones, I'm just not used to seeing them. You're used to seeing simple designs like the 500, 302, 354, 554, trimline, 2500, 2554... And then you suddenly see phones like the GPO series.

It's like seeing Ford F150s and and Chevy Caprices all your life, and then your see your first Lamborghini, but that's just my opinion.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 05, 2015, 08:32:43 AMIt's like seeing Ford F150s and and Chevy Caprices all your life, and then your see your first Lamborghini, but that's just my opinion.

I'd rather look at a Mercedes R107 SL than a Fiso or Caprice myself... ;D

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 05, 2015, 08:47:12 AM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 05, 2015, 08:32:43 AMIt's like seeing Ford F150s and and Chevy Caprices all your life, and then your see your first Lamborghini, but that's just my opinion.

I'd rather look at a Mercedes R107 SL than a Fiso or Caprice myself... ;D
Well, A Caprice is pretty butt-ugly, but I meant it in terms of being plain compared to the radical shapes of a Lamborghini.
Christian Petterson

baldopeacock

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 05, 2015, 08:32:43 AM
It's like seeing Ford F150s and and Chevy Caprices all your life, and then your see your first Lamborghini, but that's just my opinion.

Or your first Trabant. 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Trabbi_601-S_3828.jpg

twocvbloke

The Trabant, you can smell them before you see them, their 2-stroke engines are pretty stinky things... :o

Plus they made the bodyshells out of cloth, using glue that won't degrade, can't be burnt (toxic fumes), can't be recycled, and can't be disposed of, so those things'll be around forever, well, the shells will be, the metal parts'll rust away.... ;D

Greg G.

Are Yugos still around?

- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

Thankfully they're Yu-gone... ;D

Though that said they were being made up until November 2008, but not sold here, horrible things they were... :o

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 05, 2015, 09:48:38 AM
The Trabant, you can smell them before you see them, their 2-stroke engines are pretty stinky things... :o

Plus they made the bodyshells out of cloth, using glue that won't degrade, can't be burnt (toxic fumes), can't be recycled, and can't be disposed of, so those things'll be around forever, well, the shells will be, the metal parts'll rust away.... ;D
Ugh, the Trabant, worst car on Planet Earth...
Built for decades, but should never have been built in the first place...
Christian Petterson

twocvbloke

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 05, 2015, 10:14:30 AMBuilt for decades, but should never have been built in the first place...

But, they helped with liberating an oppressed people, namely the residents of East Germany before the wall was pulled down, dunno why people keep them going today though, all the horsepower of a lawnmower and belching more smoke than a pack of cuban cigars... :o

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 05, 2015, 11:06:53 AM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 05, 2015, 10:14:30 AMBuilt for decades, but should never have been built in the first place...

But, they helped with liberating an oppressed people, namely the residents of East Germany before the wall was pulled down, dunno why people keep them going today though, all the horsepower of a lawnmower and belching more smoke than a pack of cuban cigars... :o
Well, yeah, it should have been a short-term vehicle, and I think it was initially designed to be.
Christian Petterson