"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 302 on ebay uk

Started by david@london, March 04, 2012, 10:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david@london

gpo706-

yes that grommet is very handy so it sits behind the mousehole as you say.  

i think the mousehole on a 500/302 is exactly the same.    

another question - brit phones this time. when i look at the wiring in my green gpo706 [!]  which has a newish line cord, there are 3 spade tipped wires - green yellow + black.  if i replace this flat-profile black cord with the type of round, 4 wire cord i've just put on the 302, which wire is equivalent to which? , and which will be the one to  leave unattached?  

cheers, david

twocvbloke

Quote from: david@london on March 07, 2012, 02:31:06 PManother question - brit phones this time. when i look at the wiring in my green gpo706 [!]  which has a newish line cord, there are 3 spade tipped wires - green yellow + black.  if i replace this flat-profile black cord with the type of round, 4 wire cord i've just put on the 302, which wire is equivalent to which? , and which will be the one to  leave unattached?   [see photo]

cheers, david

See the instruction card in this ebay listing, it shows the proper connections post-conversion:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300666560449

I got the same card with my kit from them, very handy to have as a reference... :)

And I can't help but noticed that whoever put that grommet on put it on backwards... :D

twocvbloke

And for future reference, here's a picture of my copy of the instruction card, with the contact details left in place... :)

gpo706

A "reverse grommet" how did that happen?

Anyhow nice to know the GPO cord fits snug into the mousehole, like the 500 series.

BTW - easy to get the grommet back the right way round, try and slip it off, or cut through the top with a blade to the cord depth and peel it away, then just re-attach and glue it back together.

Then you can align the cut part to underside of line cord to the phone so no one will see the split on it.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"