News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 134: Western Electric "NOS" D1 102 Dated 1932 - Ended 9/30/14

Started by TelePlay, September 24, 2014, 07:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

With the current bid at $350.00 (4 bidders and 4 bids), the reserve has been met so this contest will go to a conclusion.

Slal

Assuming bid padded with 3x snipe-- I'll guess $1,050

--Bruce

PS:  If actually win with only 5 months experience-- can I get a free dial card or something?  ; )

TelePlay

The winner of Auction Contest #133 is Slal, who with the 12th entry ( of 13 ) into the contest offered the winning guess of $1,050.00. That guess gave him his very first win ever in our auction contests. Once again, our congratulations go out to Slal for his first win in the CRPF Auction Contests and getting on the Contest Standings list. No place to go but up from there.

The phone was won by e***t ( 42 ) with his second bid, a last second snipe, for $1,077.71. The auction had only 6 bidders offering 8 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 133 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

Slal

Statistics or beginner's luck?  On the eBay probably the latter. ; )

Nice bit of fun though.  Thanks for invitation about new members participating.  Otherwise would've left this sort of thing to the experts.

--Bruce

Russ Kirk

Quote from: Slal on October 01, 2014, 06:09:09 PM
Statistics or beginner's luck?  On the eBay probably the latter. ; )

Nice bit of fun though.  Thanks for invitation about new members participating.  Otherwise would've left this sort of thing to the experts.

--Bruce

But I do have a question. If it is relisted, does the contest re-start and do we get a chance to re guess? Or do the old guesses stand?
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

Congrats to our first time winner.
This is not "just for the experts"!!
When it comes to eBay there are no experts!
You never know when the bids start where it will go.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"