"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pvt-telco's Collection

Started by southernphoneman, March 22, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 07, 2013, 03:47:45 PM
Who are you trying to fool! You will have them both done before we help you decide.

A kink snuck back into your blue handset cord about 5 or 6 coils from the base. You should be able to twist it out without any trouble.

Terry
thanks for noticing the kink in the blue cord,and you are probably right about having both of the phones done,because once I start one of the projects I can t stop, I guess because I enjoy it so much.... thanks again terry. ;)

southernphoneman

:) this phone is the latest addition to my collection. it is a 1957 western electric model 500, it was refurbed by the seller off of ebay.

HarrySmith

Looking good! Nice progress.
The proper name is "gongs" not bells ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

George Knighton

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 13, 2013, 05:12:36 PM
here is another update on the 302 refurb. first I have to say something and that is that 302s are a pain in the but to work on, give me a 500/554 any day
Hmmm.  That's interesting.  I've always felt the 302's were easier than the 500's.

o_0
Annoying new poster.

southernphoneman

Quote from: George Knighton on April 14, 2013, 11:59:11 AM
Quote from: southernphoneman on April 13, 2013, 05:12:36 PM
here is another update on the 302 refurb. first I have to say something and that is that 302s are a pain in the but to work on, give me a 500/554 any day
Hmmm.  That's interesting.  I've always felt the 302's were easier than the 500's.

o_0
I only say that because I have refurbed 500s already  ;)  and this my first 302 refurb, once I get better with the 302s I am sure I will think differently :)make no mistake about it though, the 302 is still my favorite out of my collection and still mechanically the best one I got ;)

southernphoneman

sorry nothing to update on the 302 right now I haven t worked on it since Saturday, but I will get back to  it and update it again very soon.

southernphoneman

I should have posted this before. I will be adding a Stromberg and Carlson white 500 to my collection, I bought from forum member harry smith and can be seen on his topic in the classified section of this forum.once I receive this phone I will update this reply with photos.

WesternElectricBen

It will sure be a nice phone!

Ben

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 16, 2013, 06:10:55 PM
It will sure be a nice phone!

Ben
yes, I have been watching this one for a couple of weeks.

southernphoneman

sorry folks the refurb of the 302 is a complete failure and the phone has been eliminated from the collection as well as any posts about it sorry >:(

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 17, 2013, 08:06:04 PM
sorry folks the refurb of the 302 is a complete failure and the phone has been eliminated from the collection as well as any posts about it sorry >:(

Oh no! What happend?

southernphoneman

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 17, 2013, 08:13:17 PM
Quote from: southernphoneman on April 17, 2013, 08:06:04 PM

Oh no! What happend?
I made an attempt at refurbishing and it did not go well, so I have stopped trying to fix it and may consider sending it out to dennis mc Donald of a1telephones :-\, but I am not sure.

southernphoneman

sorry folks about taking down  the photos of the 302 refurb but it did not go well and in the end I tried a topic on it and it did not go far at ALL so I have put the phone cover back on and it now sits on the shelf. even if I am able to fix it I probably won t post it, I am a little embarrassed about it and ashamed of the whole experience .now a closed issue and time to move on.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 17, 2013, 09:13:34 PM
sorry folks about taking down  the photos of the 302 refurb but it did not go well and in the end I tried a topic on it and it did not go far at ALL so I have put the phone cover back on and it now sits on the shelf. even if I am able to fix it I probably won t post it, I am a little embarrassed about it and ashamed of the whole experience .now a closed issue and time to move on.
WHOOPS, Lets reopen it for 1 last consideration:

I am a little  confused why you are embarrassed for trying and not immediately succeeding . This is the typical experience for most people when attempting something new. It is called Life, might as well face it head-on and try your best over and over again, with each experience you gain a bit more of the upper hand, before long you are the one offering advice.
Instant Gratification is only in video games.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

WesternElectricBen