"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New member in south central PA

Started by Patf, June 17, 2015, 08:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patf

Hello,

After 41 years working for the phone industry joined to learn about pay station so
I can restore an AE 3 slot paystation I acquired when UTof PA upgraded to new technology.

P. Frederick   retired

tptech302

Welcome I sent you a PM, we are in the same area

paul-f

Welcome Pat!

Hopefully you've found this area covering AE pay phones:
  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?board=31.0

Don't be shy about asking questions and letting us know of your progress.  We love photos.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Fabius

Welcome! Which company are you retired from, United Telephone/Sprint?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Patf

Tom,

I started on 1/26/70 with United Telephone of PA. Then it became United Telephone a Sprint Company which became Sprint United Telephone.
Sometime in the '80s it became Sprint. Being on the local dial tone side I was spun off from Sprint and we became Embarq around 2009 or 2010. Then Century Tel came along a few years before I retired and when I left it was Centurylink. I started as a CO tech in a X-Y office.Then I became a teletype tech. Went to business services(PBX) in '93 till the end. That sums up 41 years and two days in the telephone business. I enjoyed most of it and saw an awful lot of change.     Pat F.

Welcome to CRPF, enjoy your new hobby.

Fabius

I have several old porcelain United Telephone signs. We have a similar background. I worked many years in XY offices. I started with the Bell System (New York Telephone) and worked in panel and cross bar offices. I left and went to  work for Woodbury Telephone (controlled by Southern New England Telephone) in Connecticut. Left them and went to work for Citizen Utilities (now Frontier). Went to work for Continental Telephone in California, they were bought out by GTE which merged with Bell Atlantic to form Verizon. Got all that? I retired from Verizon with 32 years of service.

And like you saw a lot of change over the years.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905