News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Modifying PDF's

Started by Babybearjs, January 17, 2016, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I have seen several wiring diagrams where someone has edited the schematic to show changes or highlight certain areas.... when you D/L the BSP from the TCI library it comes in a PDF format. How do you edit it to show these changes? or do you have to convert it to a JPG in order to do this?
John

Jack Ryan

If you just have acrobat reader:

- Save the image as (or take a snapshot)
- Edit the image (eg with paint on windows)
- Post the edited image

Jack

G-Man

Once the pdf has been edited, i.e., "changed" the person downloading it is unable to "change" it back. However, simply download the unedited source and view it in its original state.

Hopefully, whenever a document has been edited, credit is also given to the original source. Otherwise, it appears that the person modifying the document is then taking credit from the creator of the original.

If you want to edit a pdf yourself, then use a screen-capture program or change the pdf into a jpeg or other image program.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: G-Man on January 17, 2016, 11:11:29 PM
Hopefully, whenever a document has been edited, credit is also given to the original source.

I should have mentioned that. Not only is it important to credit the original author, readers will often be interested in looking at the original source.

Jack

dsk

I use the freeware pdf exchange viewer  http://tinyurl.com/29muks9

dsk

Babybearjs

whenever I edit a picture I always rename it, that way I know which one it is... thanks for the help.
John