News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

An Auction Bonanza.

Started by Dan/Panther, January 08, 2009, 03:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Here is an auction, that I'm sure will go for less than the sum of it's parts.

D/P 

http://tinyurl.com/88mrql  ( dead link 02-17-21 )

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Yeah I saw an auction like this a while ago, it had a 10 button Aqua 1500 in it and three other phones and went for 44 clams.

Ouch.

bingster

Eh... I don't know.  The blue and red phones are both modular, so the auction's probably getting close to it's actual value.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

I wasn't sure if the Red and Blue phones were modular or not, I didn't ask, they looked like thay may have been hard wired. I really can't get that close of a look.
D/P

Sargeguy

I agree, both of those 500s are modular.  Pink princesses are great if you are a teenage girl otherwise they are vastly overrated.  And a 202 without a subset is basically a paperweight.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Sargeguy

It seems like there was only a single bidder on this auction.  I am surprised.  The hard-wired pink Princess phone with original cord is certainly a compelling reason to bid.  The 202 looks like it has some pretty good paint and the red 500 looks pretty good except for the MIA fingerstop.  The "sea-foam green" 500 looks like dead weight but who knows.  The $27 S&H is a little high, but it is for 4 phones.  $86.99 total-Deal or No Deal?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dennis Markham

I think it's a good deal.  As you said the Pink Princess often sell in the $100 range when in nice shape and not faded.  The non-dial D1 with the F1 handset can easily be converted to a dial phone.  The red one could be cleaned up and resold.  For the prices some of those red ones get it may make the other two free.  Deal.

Dan/Panther

I would love to kn ow how the winner feels about the auction.
Upon closer looking at the Red phone, the finger stop is missing, I wonder if the dial is also ?
D/P