News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NE 233QF coin question.

Started by jjacob, September 23, 2013, 10:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjacob

I am looking at this NE 233QF and want to know if this phone is only going to accept Canadian coins or if it will work with US coins also. The phone card on the front shows Philadelphia information, but this could have been added by current or previous owners.
The coin mechanism shows "CAN P894263" Does this mean Canadian set up and will it work (with a coin controller) with US coins?
Also please take a look at the pictures and give me your feedback about anything that does not look right or is missing.
Thanks,
John

DavePEI

Hi John:

This one looks pretty complete. Generally the coin drops in these weren't as picky as the later single slot coin acceptors. I use both Canadian and US coins in my NE 233 QF, and have had no problems... I run mine with one of Stan S's earlier coin controllers in the museum. I bought two of them last year for $150 total (if I remember correctly), one complete, and the other "converted". I kept the complete one, and gave the "converted" one to my son once I had made it operational.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Haf

Dave,

do I see that correctly, the green WE has a black mounting bracket and the black AE one a green? :)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

jjacob

Dave, thank you for the reply and information. Great to know both coins will work.
John

DavePEI

Quote from: Haf on September 23, 2013, 01:26:22 PM
Dave,

do I see that correctly, the green WE has a black mounting bracket and the black AE one a green? :)

Haf
Hi Hal:

Yes, you see correctly. The AE came two weeks before the WE, and the only backboard I had for it was green, so it got installed with the green board - then the WE came with its black backboard, so it got mounted with that one. Too lazy to swap them. My back wouldn't take the lifting  :D

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001