"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Outdoor Monophone

Started by stub, March 18, 2011, 02:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

Hi Everyone,
                  I won this on e-bay and it just came today. The catalog number is AM-10 --automatic. Net weight is 28 lbs. in the AE Catalog-4055-A  1937 , and in the AE catalog-4055-C  1940 it weighs 23 lbs.
I guess I need to weigh it to see which one I have? I got it working and will try to restore it later---much later.          here are some before pics.            stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

another pic-------------stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

last one before---------stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

RDP

Nice phone Stub!
I've always wanted one of these type phones because it seems the minute you walk outside the phone rings. Although I have made some up over the years with old WE wall phones shoved in a wooden box, but it's just not the same.

gpo706

Stub, I like these "weatherproof" phones, I have a dial and a button version of these:

http://www.britishtelephones.com/t745.htm

But doesn't have the grommet on the base to keep the critters out or the damp, otherwise I'd have one in the back garden.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

bingster

That's one of the sveltest weatherproof phones I've ever seen.  Ours always seemed to go into the big old fashioned boxes, even after the parts were reduced in size to a point where they could fit in something smaller.
= DARRIN =