News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Art

Started by compubit, April 14, 2015, 06:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

A gift created for me by my 8 year old niece for Christmas.  It's mixed media - paint and markers on canvas.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Out of the eyes of children. What a great picture.

Doug / Autonut

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

How nice of her!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

jsowers

Jim, I especially like the border and the background. Very colorful! There must be something about 8-year-olds and artwork. It's very special to see their work. I hope you don't mind my sharing artwork too.

I have an 8-year-old grand-niece Julia and she drew a 500 set with pencil, added some shading and then colored it Mediterranean Blue. It even has a straight handset cord. I don't know where she got the idea, the color or the picture to draw by. She just handed me the picture. I have about three dark blue 500s in the living room near the Christmas tree, so maybe one of them got into a picture and she was inspired? We never know what will sink in and stay sometimes. I think she drew it about six months ago. She doesn't have the colorful frame or the background, but I would give her an "A" for effort.

I do recall she has a pink 500 set I gave my niece about 15 years ago, so she knows what I like and she knows how to use a rotary dial.

I attached a picture of her drawing, from my fridge, with a picture of her beside it.
Jonathan

WEBellSystemChristian

While we are talking about Blue 500s and Phone Art, I'll post the picture my 12-year-old-sister (her age then, a year ago) drew on Microsoft Paint of me when I got my first Med Blue 500. :-[
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford