News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS Question.

Started by Dan/Panther, March 14, 2010, 02:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I would leave it alone. I would be affraid it would somehow get a scratch or something
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Jim;
I use the micro clothes also, they are the only thing I know that will not scratch a CD.
I use heavy woven cotton gloves, and spray them liberally with F-21. Then I pick up the phone and the handset, and rub it all over the phone. It shines like a piano. Then during use I use the micro clothes to dust with.

I don't understand the dust collection, does Vern really believe in a dust coating to preserve the phones or are you pulling my chain ? A properly sealed up room will not collect dust, or very little. My house is a dust magnet, yet upstairs in my workshop where i store all of my pending projects, I keep it closed up. You can take the white glove test up there and pass. My house is a constant chore.

Bwanna;
I know I have to use the items I own.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 16, 2010, 12:06:54 AM
Jim;
I use the micro clothes also, they are the only thing I know that will not scratch a CD.
I use heavy woven cotton gloves, and spray them liberally with F-21. Then I pick up the phone and the handset, and rub it all over the phone. It shines like a piano. Then during use I use the micro clothes to dust with.

I don't understand the dust collection, does Vern really believe in a dust coating to preserve the phones or are you pulling my chain ? A properly sealed up room will not collect dust, or very little. My house is a dust magnet, yet upstairs in my workshop where i store all of my pending projects, I keep it closed up. You can take the white glove test up there and pass. My house is a constant chore.

Bwanna;
I know I have to use the items I own.
D/P

Is F-21 a common dusting/cleaner. I am not familiar with it.

Vern doesn't believe in dusting. Perhaps he feels it is women's work? Bwana, you should set him straight.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

JorgeAmely

Turtle Wax F-21 with Sun Protectant is a product that provides UVA and UVB protection for plastics in cars. Available at your local car parts store for about $3.50 for a spray bottle.

You spray it, partially wipe with a rag to cover all plastics well, let it sit for one minute and the wipe off with a nice cotton rag (from an old towel). Be careful, the phone will be as slippery as a wet fish, but when buffed out completely, will leave a very nice shine on plastic parts.

PS: In my experience, if you let it dry over Tenite, it will leave a stain that will require another "wet" pass to remove the stain.
Jorge

Jim Stettler

I will have to grab a bottle for the shelf. I am really new to the refurbing of phones. I am really good at buying them tho.
Thanks,
jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

AET

My only phone I think could be NOS is my brown SC from 72, it looks brand new and has no writing on the dial card or anything, but it's one of two that I actually have hooked up. The other is a green 500 for the hearing impaired.

We built an 'executive home' two years ago, the whrilpool tub in the master bathroom and the fireplaces in the living room and the basement have never been used. 
- Tom