News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

TCI elections

Started by Jim Stettler, March 15, 2010, 09:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

The TCI newsletter came out today. Members get to vote for representation.

Bill Guerts is a candidate. You can vote if you are a TCI paid member.
My opinion is to vote for Bill.

JMO,
Jim

This is an unpaid political endoresment.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Phonesrfun

Thanks   :)  I am momentarily speechless.  But I will say this: if you vote for me, I cannot fix the economy or health care or solve world hunger.   :D

But I can talk a lot about phones. 

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Phonesrfun on March 15, 2010, 11:02:55 PM
Thanks   :)  I am momentarily speechless.  But I will say this: if you vote for me, I cannot fix the economy or health care or solve world hunger.   :D

But I can talk a lot about phones. 

-Bill Geurts
That is a platform I can get on board with.
Good Luck bill,
Jim
You live, You learn,

Dennis Markham

Will they be mailing ballots to us?

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dennis Markham on March 15, 2010, 11:19:51 PM
Will they be mailing ballots to us?

I think they are in the current mailing. I just did a quick skim of the on-line newsletter.
I will read thru it later.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Dennis Markham

Jim, I read the article about the election.  It indicated the date that the ballots had to be returned but didn't mention that they were being mailed.  I guess I'll just wait and see.  Too bad we can't just vote on-line.

stub

Good Luck Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Phonesrfun

Wow!

Thanks for all the support.  Dennis: I believe they always follow up with a ballot at some point in the newsletter mailing and I believe last year TCI also had an on-line ballot too.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

I'll watch for it Bill.  Thanks.

McHeath

Good luck Bill, hope you win that post.  Maybe if you promised a 1949 WE 500 in every pot that would bring out the votes! ;)

Dennis Markham

Bill, if you are elected to that position, what will your duties include?  I guess I'm not really sure what takes place.

Phonesrfun

Dennis:

When I find out, I'll let you know.  Apparently most of the board TCI positions are there to be called upon as needed and most are not assigned specific areas of responsibility, although I am sure that the President and some of the others do have specific areas of responsibility.  They did mention that they are beefing up the drive to get substanative articles for the newsletter, and that was also mentioned specifically in the article from the President in this month's newsletter. 

-Bill G

Jim Stettler

The main part of the duties include a monthly conference call ( board meeting). There is a  yahoo "board member" group "hidden" to discuss upcoming issues. This helps keep the conferance calls short.

Jim
You live, You learn,